Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721273

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1178
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: I don't think the UK are looking to Australia for guidance - nor should they.

The UK seem to be doing just fine at the minute as someone else said never say it to soon but as we are one of the top and fastest countries for vaccination and one of the least for refusals of the vaccination and our no lockdown and mixing policy is so far working we don't need to listen to other countries which are behind us on vaccine uptake and case reducement.
Maybe if we had all looked at places like HongKong we would all be better off but we didn't we all took our way and be it luck or judgement the UK is on the mend, maybe some can follow us.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Vienna
LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
The topic has been locked.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721280

• Eira
  • Well said received: 2611
  • Honor Medal 2010
…. But the Government, on the advice of the medical advisers, is still planning to introduce legislation for Covid vaccinations to be an occupational requirement for frontline NHS workers, as per the thread title, so posts relating to vaccine requirements for relevant jobs is pertinent to the topic of this thread.
Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721290

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote: …. But the Government, on the advice of the medical advisers, is still planning to introduce legislation for Covid vaccinations to be an occupational requirement for frontline NHS workers, as per the thread title, so posts relating to vaccine requirements for relevant jobs is pertinent to the topic of this thread.

Yes I hear this is still being pushed through, I personally think it is a mistake and will cause far more negativity and reduction in care. We need to do something to cut the risk to patients/residents as much as possible but mandatory vaccination of staff is not the answer for me there is to much present to show it is not the answer apart from the human rights which many think will be violated many other things show it to be a mistake.
There is many top doctors in their fields who have refused the vaccination and come next year will be out of a job that is unnaceptable.

This is an interesting read

Pressure makes heath workers refuse vacciination.
LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721297

• Eira
  • Honor Medal 2010
We’ll have to wait until the relevant Bill is prepared, debated and voted on to see whether it will be “pushed through”

The last bit of legislation re care home workers was pushed through by the Tory Party, with most Labour MPs voting against it.
That’s what happens with a FPTP 2 party system like ours - once a Govt has got a large majority, they can ‘push through” whatever they want. The Tory Party has used this advantage quite shamelessly in recent months.
We need more independent MPs who will vote according to their conscience instead of obeying the three line Party Whip!
If we want more democracy, we need Proportional Representation! wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce
Last edit: by Eira.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721318

• Vienna
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1457
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote:

Vienna wrote: I don't think the UK are looking to Australia for guidance - nor should they.

It's not just Australia - as I said, other places too.

Vaccine requirements for relevant jobs are nothing new in many places

Not very many at all in fact.
There are around 195 countries in the world, and only 7 appear to have some kind of vaccine requirement for certain jobs.

Unless i have missed a few of course.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721398

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1672
  • Honor Medal 2010
would be interested to see such a list.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721412

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote:

Vegemite Kid wrote:

It's not just Australia - as I said, other places too.

Vaccine requirements for relevant jobs are nothing new in many places

Not very many at all in fact.
There are around 195 countries in the world, and only 7 appear to have some kind of vaccine requirement for certain jobs.

Unless i have missed a few of course.

Slovenia is one of the strictest on vaccination Iirc they have nine vaccinations which are mandatory before a child can go to school there.
Also they have a very well paying none fault compensation program on vaccinations.

Australia pays parents to have their kids jabbed with vaccinations, even though they are not mandatory parents get a payment if they do have the kids jabbed.
Other countries, such as Australia, offer financial incentives to boost compliance rates. Parents receive nontaxable payments of A$129 for each child who meets immunization requirements between 18 and 24 months of age, and again if the child meets requirements between four and five years of age.

“Vaccination is not compulsory in Australia. However, the Maternity Immunisation Allowance and Child Care Benefit are parent incentive payments that are paid where a child is up-to-date with his/her immunisations or the parent has obtained an appropriate medical or philosophical exemption,” an immunization coordinator for the Australian Department of Health and Ageing writes in an email.

Australia does not require children to be immunized for school attendance but unvaccinated students are precluded from attending classes in the event of disease outbreaks. “The implications of this become apparent when the parents have to take time off work,” Michael Moore, chief executive officer of the Public Health Association of Australia, writes in an email.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 4 days ago #3721484

• Vegemite Kid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1672
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes countries have childhood vaccination requirements too, not quite sure why you have quoted Australia's in detail.:unsure:

That isnt occupational requirements.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 3 days ago #3721606

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The largest trade union in the UK Unison are very concerened about this no jab no job policy.
As I have been saying a draconian rule which has been suggested by people who haven't got a clue the state of the care system is running. They just have an idea and push it when in reality it will never work it will decimate the whole care industry as suggested by the care industry.
Why is it some people cannot look at the whole picture and see it is a farce and admit so, it is a mistake to try and push this foolish rule through, we need a different plan.

Scrap it or destroy the system
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R, Vienna, knighten, Robin
Last edit: by Bruce.

COVID jab to be 'compulsory for frontline NHS workers 1 week 3 days ago #3721624

• Eira
  • Honor Medal 2010

Bruce wrote: The largest trade union in the UK Unison are very concerened about this no jab no job policy.
As I have been saying a draconian rule which has been suggested by people who haven't got a clue the state of the care system is running. They just have an idea and push it when in reality it will never work it will decimate the whole care industry as suggested by the care industry.
Why is it some people cannot look at the whole picture and see it is a farce and admit so, it is a mistake to try and push this foolish rule through, we need a different plan.

Scrap it or destroy the system

I think you’ve picked up the wrong article for this thread topic - that article link is about the Care Home Staff, not the future plans for Frontline NHS workers.

This is the current UNISON position on this topic :

“UNISON continues to strongly advocated for health and care staff to be given priority access to the vaccination. As with the flu vaccination, no health or care worker should be forced to receive the COVID-19 immunisation. However, new legislation is expected to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for health and care staff from 1 April 2022.

Our priority is to ensure that employers continue to make the vaccine easily accessible to all staff who are eligible and that they provide them with the full information they need to make an informed decision.

We have secured commitments that there will be no negative implications for staff who refuse the vaccine. We are also working to confirm that immunisation will not influence decisions made about terms and conditions such as re-deployment, shielding, or pay progression.

We would encourage all our members to be cautious in relation to the information you share regarding vaccinations. Sharing your personal views can be acceptable but as NHS employees you have a responsibility not to share unverified information which potentially misinforms the public. Registrants have a particular responsibility on this within their professional codes.”

So, I guess it’s a case of Watch this Space regarding the commitments UNISON say they have secured.

www.unison.org.uk/at-work/health-care/bi...unisation-nhs-staff/
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds