• Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 349
  • Honor Medal 2010
Another school targeted by anti vaxxers

This is so wrong and must be stopped!!!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Sirfurryanimal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.
Last edit: by habibi. Reason: Add punctuation

Pandemic Scum 2 weeks 2 days ago #3700695

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 418
  • Honor Medal 2010
Are these kids allowed to refuse the jab?Or is it being forced on them?
I still believe in choice.
And before anyone jumps down my throat I have my vaccine passport which I believe is completely unnecessary but has been forced on we Welsh.

The Cornish Pasty

Pandemic Scum 2 weeks 2 days ago #3700725

• KayyGee
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 641
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wonder how many of the anti vaccine cohort would stay the distance if the virus resulted in some form of physical manifestation, like one's nose turning green.

Leprosy is a bacterial infection, that causes physical symptoms and sufferers were widely shunned in days gone by because of it and the unfounded rumor that it was highly contagious, it isn't and it's also treatable with excellent outcomes. While not readily contractible it can be spread, as can Covid through aerosol droplets from coughs and sneezes, but unlike Covid it takes months of close contact.

Guess it's just another view on the irrationality of those opposed to a treatment that on all the evidence will give them a significant chance of either not catching the disease or if one does from not dying. And it's free in most jurisdictions.

Last edit: by KayyGee.

Pandemic Scum 1 week 5 days ago #3702262

• habibi
  • habibi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 349
  • Honor Medal 2010

Now they're harassing a disabled child!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Sirfurryanimal

In Sandra's name we must follow the rules of lockdown and social distancing to get through this nightmare.

Pandemic Scum 1 week 5 days ago #3702353

• Eira
  • Well said received: 2942
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sirfurryanimal wrote: Are these kids allowed to refuse the jab?Or is it being forced on them?
I still believe in choice.
And before anyone jumps down my throat I have my vaccine passport which I believe is completely unnecessary but has been forced on we Welsh.

Like other vaccine programmes, vaccines are offered but not forced on children against the parents’ will - it is the parents who make the choice whether to give their consent or not.

Extract From Gov website:
“How parent or guardian consent will be obtained
For those aged 12 to 15 years consent will be sought by the SAIS provider from the parent or person with parental responsibility in the same way as for any other school vaccination programme.

A consent form and information leaflet provided by the SAIS team will be used to seek parental consent. Parents will also be provided with a contact number for the SAIS team in case of any queries. Forms should be returned by the deadline agreed with the team. Schools may be asked to collect these forms from parents on behalf of the SAIS provider team or it may be done electronically.”

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.

Pandemic Scum 1 week 5 days ago #3702354

• Eira
  • Well said received: 2942
  • Honor Medal 2010
I do think the kind of protesters who approach and harass folk whilst they are accessing any form of medical treatment should be stopped and made to move well away from the building entrance and car park area - they are a menace.
If a person has decided to have a vaccination, or a parent has consented to their child being vaccinated, they should not be harassed or have to justify their choice to a group of strangers hanging around outside the medical facility.

That protesting person who approached the young girl with ME and told her she would not need a vaccination if she’d already had Covid was not authorised or qualified to be giving her medical advice. These protesters know absolutely nothing about the medical history or antibody status of the people they are hi-jacking outside the vaccination centres - it’s appalling behaviour!
Whatever they’ve decided for themselves, they should not be attempting to persuade other folk to ignore the advice of medical professionals - it’s bad enough to do this to adults, to do it to children is even more egregious.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Keeper

Step by step, one goes a long way.
Last edit: by Eira.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds