Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 3 weeks 1 day ago #3639012

• KayyGee
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 717
  • Honor Medal 2010
It was reported this morning that the UK scientific advisory committee (SAGE) is of the view the UK is heading for a third wave, but they say the decision to open or not in June is up to Boris, they will not make a recommendation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 3 weeks 1 day ago #3639080

• Aida
  • Aida's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2391
  • Honor Medal 2010
A third wave of Covid imminent but SAGE will not make a recommendation as to whether the opening up of society should be delayed ? I can’t believe that.

If that’s true they will just pass the buck to Boris, who will most likely put his trust in everyone behaving responsibly with consideration for others and towards the NHS , and go ahead and unlock.

The me, me, me people will do as they please, the unvaccinated by choice will spread the virus around willy nilly and the hospitals that were just starting to recover from the last wave of Covid will fill up again as a result . Those waiting for a diagnosis , operation or treatment will be pushed further down the list. As to non-urgent surgery such as hip replacement .....fat chance ! Keep taking the tablets.
If a third wave is truly on its way surely some organisation or other will step in to advise Boris not to fully undo lockdown.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Keeper, Rips

Last edit: by Aida.

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 3 weeks 20 hours ago #3639165

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2089
  • Honor Medal 2010
Another mistake in the making. Letting these Morons back Home.
Covid Cowboys. sic
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, knighten

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 3 weeks 19 hours ago #3639168

• knighten
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 213
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuinTSensual wrote: Another mistake in the making. Letting these Morons back Home.
Covid Cowboys. sic

Another example of something predictable an example of how dumb EUFA the FA are. Anybody with half a brain would have held the final in England but not those clowns.You want to spread a virus around the world just keep doing what you are doing dumbos
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Aida, QuinTSensual

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 3 weeks 17 minutes ago #3639481

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2200
  • Honor Medal 2010
We’ve all become armchair experts.
I honestly think Boris had to go along with the advice given at the time.
How and why it wasn’t with given with hindsight by taking into consideration how countries more advanced in pandemic were tackling the virus is beyond me .

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 1 week 2 days ago #3643789

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1533
  • Honor Medal 2010
So all the evidence Dominic Cummings promised to reveal to the committee has not arrived said Gregg Clark who is the Chair in the committee, What a surprise that Mr. Cummings rant and promise to give much evidence to the committee has not become fact. Today was Matt Hancocks turn in with the committee and all the lies he allegedly told were going to be backed up with Mr. Cummings evidence but there is no evidence.

How many of us said Cumming was just trying to cover his backside and get the hell out of dodge as quick as he could? Looks like we were correct.

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 1 week 1 day ago #3644044

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1457
  • Honor Medal 2010
I struggle to grasp the mentality of the people who choose not to have any beliefs on Coronavirus, can they not see what is happening around them? People are taking seriously ill,or sadly dying, god forbid,it could be a family member or a friend would their attitude change?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bruce

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 1 week 1 day ago #3644053

• patcaf
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 55
  • Honor Medal 2010
Well Johnson is a known liar and surrounds himself with people who will lie for him.

Covid : tens of thousands died needlessly as a result of mistakes 1 week 1 day ago #3644062

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1533
  • Honor Medal 2010

patcaf wrote: Well Johnson is a known liar and surrounds himself with people who will lie for him.

Name me an MP who doesn't bend twist or spin the truth and I will enter them in the Rarest animals on earth catalogue.

Over the covid fiasco Boris and his colleagues including Cummings have to take advice from the experts as they self confessed they are not disease experts, They do have the job of trying to mix keeping an economy going and trying to combat covid, certainly not a task I would have liked to have taken on board.

We can all criticise as mistakes were made but I don't think any other MP or any other PM would have been able to do any different in unprecedented times this government have had to face.

Other MPs love a bit of hindsight to have a dig at others the whole set up is like a playground of he said she said when in reality they wouldn't or couldn't have done any different if they were the ones in the firing line.

We keep getting told we are in it together yet even something as unprecedented and nasty as covid has those with a different colour tie trying to score cheap points, Absolutely pathetic in my eyes.
Cummings is and always has looked after Cummings first.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds