Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Harsh punishment for breaking curfew

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 13 hours ago #3616612

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 953
  • Well said received: 1236
  • Points: 3778
  • Honor Medal 2010
People in the Philippines are apparently subject to strict punishment for breaking Covid curfew laws.

Harsh Punishment

What are the consequences (if any) for breaking Covid restrictions where you live?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 13 hours ago #3616619

  • Pats
  • Pats's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Posts: 10972
  • Well said received: 6131
  • Points: 997425
  • Honor Medal 2010
Fixed Penalty Notices of £200 for the first offence, doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400.

You can be fined £800 for attending a private indoor gathering such as a house party of over 15 people from outside your household, which will double for each repeat offence to a maximum level of £6,400.

If you hold, or are involved in holding, an illegal gathering of over 30 people, the police can issue fines of £10,000.

Police have handed out nearly 70,000 fines to people for breaching COVID-19 lockdown rules since they came into force,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 11 hours ago #3616694

  • Vegemite Kid
  • Vegemite Kid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1110
  • Well said received: 2965
  • Points: 233457
  • Honor Medal 2010
that is a tragic story sciguy.

I dont condone breaking Covid regulations at all - but that is very OTT punishment.

Here in Australia there are fines and if severe transgression you can be imprisoned - I believe that happened to a group of young people who tried to sneak through state borders.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 10 hours ago #3616698

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 753
  • Well said received: 637
  • Points: 112752
  • Honor Medal 2010
heard of people getting fines in other states but none around here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Robin

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 9 hours ago #3616701

  • WWWoody
  • WWWoody's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 742
  • Well said received: 1531
  • Points: 74817
  • Honor Medal 2010
None here. I’ve barely noticed a pandemic to be honest.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Murica!

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 5 days 6 hours ago #3616741

  • Cats Meow
  • Cats Meow's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 210
  • Well said received: 174
  • Points: 18112
  • Honor Medal 2010
None here. We still have a time curfew for closings but not on people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 4 days 15 hours ago #3617049

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 953
  • Well said received: 1236
  • Points: 3778
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: Fixed Penalty Notices of £200 for the first offence, doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400.

You can be fined £800 for attending a private indoor gathering such as a house party of over 15 people from outside your household, which will double for each repeat offence to a maximum level of £6,400.

If you hold, or are involved in holding, an illegal gathering of over 30 people, the police can issue fines of £10,000.

Police have handed out nearly 70,000 fines to people for breaching COVID-19 lockdown rules since they came into force,


That’s a very detailed accounting of the fines involved. You are certainly well-informed on the subject.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 4 days 15 hours ago #3617050

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 953
  • Well said received: 1236
  • Points: 3778
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vegemite Kid wrote: that is a tragic story sciguy.

I dont condone breaking Covid regulations at all - but that is very OTT punishment.

Here in Australia there are fines and if severe transgression you can be imprisoned - I believe that happened to a group of young people who tried to sneak through state borders.


I agree that the punishment described in the story is over the top.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 4 days 15 hours ago #3617051

  • sciguy18
  • sciguy18's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 953
  • Well said received: 1236
  • Points: 3778
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote: heard of people getting fines in other states but none around here.


Maybe people where you live are compliant with the rules - or there aren’t any rules?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Harsh punishment for breaking curfew 4 days 15 hours ago #3617052

  • Pats
  • Pats's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Posts: 10972
  • Well said received: 6131
  • Points: 997425
  • Honor Medal 2010

sciguy18 wrote:

Pats wrote: Fixed Penalty Notices of £200 for the first offence, doubling for further offences up to a maximum of £6,400.

You can be fined £800 for attending a private indoor gathering such as a house party of over 15 people from outside your household, which will double for each repeat offence to a maximum level of £6,400.

If you hold, or are involved in holding, an illegal gathering of over 30 people, the police can issue fines of £10,000.

Police have handed out nearly 70,000 fines to people for breaching COVID-19 lockdown rules since they came into force,


That’s a very detailed accounting of the fines involved. You are certainly well-informed on the subject.



My apologies, I didn’t quote the source.......U.K. Government - Covid-19 Information website.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.