Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: False Positive

False Positive 1 day 22 hours ago #3597498

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 662
  • Honor Medal 2010
It's been a long haul for you, staff, and esp the residents. Be viligent and be careful. Hope everyone gets their vaccines.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

False Positive 1 day 18 hours ago #3597546

• Bruce
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1463
  • Honor Medal 2010
Step Daughters father in law was feeling a bit dry in the throat and tired so ordered a test, it arrived and he felt much better so didn't do it (what a waste) any how a few days later he was back on his feet feeling fine he got a message to say they had received his test and he was positive! When he got the phone call from Nhs England he told them he didn't do the test so how can they say he is positive?
Answer...…. Well we have you as positive so the law says you must isolate for 10 days.... His answer was Not a chance do what you want I am not isolating. Nothing come of it so far but it has only been a day.
Madness all around.
LIVERPOOL FC PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS AND WORLD CLUB CUP CHAMPIONS 2019-2020

False Positive 15 hours 46 minutes ago #3598025

• jeni
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
I too have had close people who have had similar experience ........ one was scheduled to take the test but after waiting 2 hour after appointment time he left ............Did NOT take test but was told yep your positive .......
there have been a few people here in US that swabbed fruit sent in to a lab was told yep your positive...
i think the data is so crazy it will be useless to study for the future
false tests / death counts that are iffy .... in my area we had people who died in car accidents and one was Shot in the head listed as Covid deaths.........
too many things when they do NOT make sense........... people want that information Shut down to appear they KNOW what they are doing......
why 10 days or 2 weeks for that matter much like Flu some are over quickly some it lingers so somewhere along the line some group picked out 10 days or 2 weeks as the isolation time.........

False Positive 14 hours 40 minutes ago #3598055

• GerryM
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 662
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am sure you have names and hospitals you could name? I am sure someone would like to follow up.
Most times i hear anecdotal statement its just that, I heard it from a guy that was told by another guy.

Your best bet, if you don't believe theres a pandemic, go find someone with Covid and get infected on purpose. I would like to hear your life experiences. You could go to actual hospital, research sites, or government web sites to get a little better fact based information.
If you had a friend that tested positive and didn't take the test, maybe you should follow up with your health dept.

False Positive 14 hours ago #3598094

• jeni
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6
health department just said mistakes happen when person inquired ..... there are no corrections to data..
They totally do not want to admit fault or the possibility of bad data.... does not help their credibility

I HAD this virus .......... had no real issue cough for a few days and no sense of taste for a week etc......
people say "you are just lucky" but look at the data those recovered..... FAR out number those who had to be hospitalized or died .....
I know others that had and recovered all at home but that is ignored. ......in person seeing it ..... is fact based .....
Seems odd to accuse someone of "not believing" when you know zero about them or their situation

False Positive 13 hours 51 minutes ago #3598101

• Eira
  • Well said received: 4446
  • Honor Medal 2010
This thread OP started off about the regular testing of care home staff, though.
When staff have the life and wellbeing of elderly care home residents in their hands, they cannot be too careful, so must err on the side of caution. It makes sense to ask staff who are caring for the elderly and vulnerable to stay off work if they are not testing negative - even if they sometimes doubt the test result. Better safe than sorry when it’s too late.

From what I can gather, the OPs Care Home has now managed to get clear of Covid infections, which is good news.
Step by step, one goes a long way.

Last edit: by Eira.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds