Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310413

• Just John
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 110
  • Honor Medal 2010

BlushandOrchid wrote: *Perhaps an interesting new topic for discussion. I suggest posting it as such . John it could be great for all members to chat about it? smile.png smile.png

Yes, I had thought of that and maybe I will, in the meantime any of you moderators 'listening' in ? how do you handle reports of this sort of behavior ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310442

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2771
I would think that anyone sending inappropriate messages to another person,if this was reported to moderators,they would be blocked.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Just John

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310444

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9912
  • Honor Medal 2010
Indeed JUJO.

With the cooperation of the person who reported we can investigate and block to prevent them pestering others in the same inappropriate way.

In the case of known scammers, they are removed as soon as they are spotted/reported.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Happy to help.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310452

• QuietMouse01
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1496
  • Honor Medal 2010

Just John wrote:

BlushandOrchid wrote: got one this week, well in fact several: stuff like "let's get in the hot tub and heat things up" as one example but that in itself and is not a big deal. Some emails and opening lines, of course, are more described then that. I even have gotten them if my profile pic shows an object like a flower or bird, or just whatever stuff. OR " damn baby lets get in the sheets and roll and tumble". *Never a dull moment on Buzz is what I am wanting to say*

Gosh, as a bloke I'm finding it difficult as to what I say, I suppose mostly to apologise to you ladies who receive this kind of stuff on behalf of the majority of men. Saying 'let's get between the sheets' in itself may not be too shocking but what is shocking is what it shows of the attitudes of some men towards women. I had no idea this sort of thing

happened on a friendship site until I asked a friend why she used an avatar (ignorance is bliss, eh) needless to say she was very kind but honest in her explanation, so now I know! That a lady should feel unable to use a photo of herself is a disgrace. Am I just too odd? have I lived under a stone all my life? has anyone any thoughts as to why some men act like this? It is after all a friendship site, or do we still suffer that old dichotomy of men and women being unable to be just friends.

You are a true gentleman, John......and a lovely friend....
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains unawakened.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310546

• Just John
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Pats wrote: Indeed JUJO.

With the cooperation of the person who reported we can investigate and block to prevent them pestering others in the same inappropriate way.

In the case of known scammers, they are removed as soon as they are spotted/reported.

Many thanks, it's good to be reassured of this, however, is a person blocked on account of being reported or do you have to make a subjective decision on account of what has been said? or is it perhaps a combination of both based on your experience? Sorry the question looks a bit of a trap, it's really not meant to be, I could think of no other way of wording it. A case in point, a lady I talk to on here felt that a man saying to her that she 'looked lovely' was tantamount to making a pass, I explained to her that when a man says she 'looks lovely' he probably simply means she 'looks lovely', just a complement. I'm glad to say this gave her an alternative viewpoint. But I can see how if you do have to make a subjective decision might put you in an awkward place, and I don't envy you in the least.
Having said that what interests me more is why men should embark on this type of behavior, I'm led to believe that there are certain sites just for that sort of thing, so there should be no need on a friendship site. Or is there more going on than simply that. We often hear the phrase 'in this day and age' but surely there some truth in this. Is this truly a widespread problem and I'm an odd one out (a lot of people I know might agree with that), or, is it a case of a few bad apples who, like 'the poor', well always be with us?

Last edit: by Just John.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 1 week 4 days ago #3310548

• Just John
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

QuietMouse01 wrote:

Just John wrote:

BlushandOrchid wrote: got one this week, well in fact several: stuff like "let's get in the hot tub and heat things up" as one example but that in itself and is not a big deal. Some emails and opening lines, of course, are more described then that. I even have gotten them if my profile pic shows an object like a flower or bird, or just whatever stuff. OR " damn baby lets get in the sheets and roll and tumble". *Never a dull moment on Buzz is what I am wanting to say*

Gosh, as a bloke I'm finding it difficult as to what I say, I suppose mostly to apologise to you ladies who receive this kind of stuff on behalf of the majority of men. Saying 'let's get between the sheets' in itself may not be too shocking but what is shocking is what it shows of the attitudes of some men towards women. I had no idea this sort of thing

happened on a friendship site until I asked a friend why she used an avatar (ignorance is bliss, eh) needless to say she was very kind but honest in her explanation, so now I know! That a lady should feel unable to use a photo of herself is a disgrace. Am I just too odd? have I lived under a stone all my life? has anyone any thoughts as to why some men act like this? It is after all a friendship site, or do we still suffer that old dichotomy of men and women being unable to be just friends.

You are a true gentleman, John......and a lovely friend....

Awww, so many thanks, you are a lovely lady and a true friend.
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, Rose57

Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds