Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat

TOPIC: Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 3 weeks ago #3284217

• PaulaMike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wonderfully put Marysarasota. I am a faithful man with a faithful woman just looking for fun and laughter with good hearted people

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 3 weeks ago #3284793

• Clockwork Satsuma
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 168
Hardly ever to be honest, although that might be down to being to being absent from the site for days at a time lately. The odd time when a suspicious message does crop up then more often than not the profile has been removed the same day by admin.
The following user(s) said Well Said: SimplyRobin, Rose57

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 3 weeks ago #3284884

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8665
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have never received any PMs with sexual content or asking for my contact details etc but I am sometimes surprised to receive messages with pleasant compliments about my appearance - I have often been been complimented on my lovely red hair, sweet smile, gorgeous eyes ... who knew how many chaps found orangutans so attractive! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Well Said: pascalou, Aviara, Rosie 2 UK, maylily7651, Just John, Mykle, Rose57, Clare

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 3 weeks ago #3284905

• Aviara
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4076
  • Honor Medal 2010
Been here for over 6 years, and neither have I , Eira....

Perhaps it’s my ‘blue bird of happiness ‘ or the married fact, that is on my profile...who knows ??

Between your red hair, and great smile and my blue bird ....perhaps we’ve been ‘lucky’ ?? :D

We are all (most) well over 50, and we should be able to handle the odd ‘strange’ message ....ignore and report, if you feel you must........no biggie ...imo :)

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 3 weeks ago #3285193

• BlushingOrchid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 916
  • Honor Medal 2010
got one this week, well in fact several: stuff like "let's get in the hot tub and heat things up" as one example but that in itself and is not a big deal. Some emails and opening lines, of course, are more described then that. I even have gotten them if my profile pic shows an object like a flower or bird, or just whatever stuff. OR " damn baby lets get in the sheets and roll and tumble". *Never a dull moment on Buzz is what I am wanting to say*

Last edit: by BlushingOrchid.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 3 months 2 weeks ago #3286982

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3032
  • Honor Medal 2010
Until Buzz members start to forward these messages onto the moderators, things won’t get better,because whoever is sending these messages,can and will continue to send messages.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Rose57

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 2 months 1 week ago #3309997

• Just John
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 134
  • Honor Medal 2010

BlushandOrchid wrote: got one this week, well in fact several: stuff like "let's get in the hot tub and heat things up" as one example but that in itself and is not a big deal. Some emails and opening lines, of course, are more described then that. I even have gotten them if my profile pic shows an object like a flower or bird, or just whatever stuff. OR " damn baby lets get in the sheets and roll and tumble". *Never a dull moment on Buzz is what I am wanting to say*

Gosh, as a bloke I'm finding it difficult as to what I say, I suppose mostly to apologise to you ladies who receive this kind of stuff on behalf of the majority of men. Saying 'let's get between the sheets' in itself may not be too shocking but what is shocking is what it shows of the attitudes of some men towards women. I had no idea this sort of thing happened on a friendship site until I asked a friend why she used an avatar (ignorance is bliss, eh) needless to say she was very kind but honest in her explanation, so now I know! That a lady should feel unable to use a photo of herself is a disgrace. Am I just too odd? have I lived under a stone all my life? has anyone any thoughts as to why some men act like this? It is after all a friendship site, or do we still suffer that old dichotomy of men and women being unable to be just friends.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 2 months 1 week ago #3310029

• BlushingOrchid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Just John wrote:

BlushandOrchid wrote: got one this week, well in fact several: stuff like "let's get in the hot tub and heat things up" as one example but that in itself and is not a big deal. Some emails and opening lines, of course, are more described then that. I even have gotten them if my profile pic shows an object like a flower or bird, or just whatever stuff. OR " damn baby lets get in the sheets and roll and tumble". *Never a dull moment on Buzz is what I am wanting to say*

Gosh, as a bloke I'm finding it difficult as to what I say, I suppose mostly to apologise to you ladies who receive this kind of stuff on behalf of the majority of men. Saying 'let's get between the sheets' in itself may not be too shocking but what is shocking is what it shows of the attitudes of some men towards women. I had no idea this sort of thing happened on a friendship site until I asked a friend why she used an avatar (ignorance is bliss, eh) needless to say she was very kind but honest in her explanation, so now I know! That a lady should feel unable to use a photo of herself is a disgrace. Am I just too odd? have I lived under a stone all my life? has anyone any thoughts as to why some men act like this? It is after all a friendship site, or do we still suffer that old dichotomy of men and women being unable to be just friends.

Hi John, my quick reply, am at work and on break. *I can only speak for myself as a woman who frequents this site along with my other sites and forums. Why men act like this you asked. Well, not all men do, is fair to say. It is typical in my opinion that some men are testing the waters so to say. A woman initially (or this woman ME) can generally sense a joke or lightheartedness versus an aggressive sexual come-on over from a male member. Easy math. I have spoken to many dozens plus female and male members here over my three years about this specific topic, few of us ever shocked at some of the opening lines or requests. *If two members have developed a personal relationship between that also shares online intimacy and talk then that would be between them. Many relationships do exist on Buzz, well as other sites. We do have the option here of reporting the truely aggressive nonsense by an unwelcomed male member and the admin/mod takes care of it quickly. *Generally I have always mostly preferred to take care of any unwelcomed ale members all on my own, just my style, and it works fine for me that is. *There are scammers that try to sneak through and do here on this site but for short periods of time, once admin mods learn of it or spot them, they are GONE. So the attempts to keep Buzz a safe and enjoyable site are well in motion so these sort of worries do not have to persist. *No you have not lived under a rock all your life, it just may be a topic that you have not talked much about with other members here, or elsewhere on other sites, It in actuality imo is very common.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Leighbrittany

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 2 months 1 week ago #3310063

• Just John
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 134
  • Honor Medal 2010

BlushandOrchid wrote:

Just John wrote:

Hi John, my quick reply, am at work and on break. *I can only speak for myself as a woman who frequents this site along with my other sites and forums. Why men act like this you asked. Well, not all men do, is fair to say. It is typical in my opinion that some men are testing the waters so to say. A woman initially (or this woman ME) can generally sense a joke or lightheartedness versus an aggressive sexual come-on over from a male member. Easy math. I have spoken to many dozens plus female and male members here over my three years about this specific topic, few of us ever shocked at some of the opening lines or requests. *If two members have developed a personal relationship between that also shares online intimacy and talk then that would be between them. Many relationships do exist on Buzz, well as other sites. We do have the option here of reporting the truely aggressive nonsense by an unwelcomed male member and the admin/mod takes care of it quickly. *Generally I have always mostly preferred to take care of any unwelcomed ale members all on my own, just my style, and it works fine for me that is. *There are scammers that try to sneak through and do here on this site but for short periods of time, once admin mods learn of it or spot them, they are GONE. So the attempts to keep Buzz a safe and enjoyable site are well in motion so these sort of worries do not have to persist. *No you have not lived under a rock all your life, it just may be a topic that you have not talked much about with other members here, or elsewhere on other sites, It in actuality imo is very common.

Many thanks for your 'quick reply' you sound a most sensible person. I must say that I have never known of this sort of thing happening on here until I became aware of a certain nuance in what some I chatted to said, this alerted me, and then I plucked up the courage to ask. I'm aware that it can be reported and should be, however, what shames me is that it happens in the first place. It's a sad reflection on those that do this, I suppose what I was attempting to do was open up the conversation to a societal level, just why would men feel the need to do this?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Last edit: by Just John.

Does anyone get inapropiate sexual comments by mail, want phone numbers, FB acct 2 months 1 week ago #3310128

• BlushingOrchid
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
*Perhaps an interesting new topic for discussion. I suggest posting it as such . John it could be great for all members to chat about it? smile.png smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Just John, Rose57

Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds