Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Chat about the Chat Rooms. We have the best chat rooms for over 50s seniors on the internet and now with free video chat
  • Page:

TOPIC: *** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? ***

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2969994

• OopsaDaisy
  • OopsaDaisy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 326
  • Honor Medal 2010
I've been a member and a chatter for over 5 years. Yes, chatters come and go - the chat room has always ebbed and flowed but these last few months it's been like a mass exodus of both new and the old regulars. I can remember the days when the numbers in the rooms had to be capped because they were getting over crowded. These days the chat rooms have become almost empty at what used to be peak times. So many have jumped ship.

Why do you think this is?
Is the same thing happening with the forums?
What's the answer?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robb Freed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by OopsaDaisy.

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2970054

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 443
  • Honor Medal 2010
You can only talk about something so much and that is it. If no body adds anything then people just leave. When
something is on the news 24/7 and then it is brought to the chat room, no one is wanting to hear it again. It is getting harder to talk to people because just posting a picture of something other than your self does not make people want
to talk to you. I have been in chat rooms since there have been chat rooms on the net. If no one talked on Facebook,
it would have never got so big.
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Robb Freed

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2970156

• Mykle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I wonder if it maybe that people just want to say something but do not want to listen.
Forums are similar in a way , also the make up of people now is very different from say 2 years ago, so there are so many topics now that are for want of a better word "Trivia" which seems to appeal to the majority of posters . Quite a few that were here and either made more serious topics or enjoyed more the serious type of topic have now left the site. just my take on it .
The poster that continually copies and pastes full news items may also be having a negative bearing on the forum?? I find it a lot more interesting if a poster has say read the news and then makes his or her own post regarding that news. Personally I am more inclined to read that than a full page of copy and paste;) ;)

Last edit: by Mykle.

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2970237

• smilesrus10
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5377
  • Honor Medal 2010
Forums are similar in a way , also the make up of people now is very different from say 2 years ago, so there are so many topics now that are for want of a better word "Trivia" which seems to appeal to the majority of posters

Yes, and it will probably change again as new members come on board, it is often the case, we see it often enough...new members bring a new dynamics to any forums....and new chatters bring a new dynamics to any chatrooms.

Chatters come and go too....why ? only chatters can answer this. Maybe some go in chatrooms with expectations and they don't find what they are looking for ? Maybe some leave and their friends follow ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robb Freed, QuinTSensual

You can't force a person to show you respect but you can refuse to tolerate their disrespect
Last edit: by smilesrus10.

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2970242

• Aviara
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4284
  • Honor Medal 2010
Helllloooo Daisy :)

My observations....

The site itself has greatly expanded/changed in the last few years...and with that, many changes to both the Forum and Chat rooms. Possibly many ‘old’ members did not like those changes and left to ‘greener pastures’ ? Lol ...and yes, probably taking a few of their friends with them....we all heard many times how the change in format did not sit well with a lot of chatters.....and the format has changed several times ! Each time, possibly losing more chatters. Keeping up with new rules and regs may also have an offputting affect on chatters as well. New chatters have to have patience and be able to give chat lots of time to feel part of the whole scene....many are ‘put off’ very quickly....and move on....

The Forum too has seen several changes over the last few years....although not as many as the Chat Rooms.
And those changes, a lot may say, have changed the flavour of the Forum.....good for some, not so for others.

The choices out in forum/chat worlds have changed and grown and given people a lot more choice to find what they need and want in a site.....if they don’t like it in one spot, they move on ....and/or they are members in many sites. I think this makes the success of any one particular site with forum and chat, a challenge :)
The following user(s) said Well Said: brenda555, Wonda, Robb Freed, Sirfurryanimal

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2971249

• Wonda
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 779
  • Honor Medal 2010
I liked the old chat rooms, and that was back in the day when the rooms were capped. It seems now that the chances of a room being capped is slim.

I had some great times in Buzz chat and met some amazing friends, many who I am still in touch with away from here.

I just cannot get used to the chat rooms as they are, although I have tried, just doesn't work for me.

People who wonder whether the glass is half full or half empty, miss the point. The glass is refillable :)

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2971281

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2746
  • Honor Medal 2010
I visited a chat room for the first time in over a year. They were talking about politics, I get enough of that in the news. I've never gone back

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 1 year 3 months ago #2971294

• selftapper
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 199
  • Honor Medal 2010
The answer is to get out the house more . . .
theres now half a million ways of "chatting" & most of em are more open to adult chat than buzz chatrooms ....
sheeesh ... I bet if I said cor blimey in a buzz chatroom I'd be banned in an instant .... hahahahah
thing is chat in buzz chat never discusses serious issues ....
how many times can we say Helllo and Goodbye .....
thats whats going on ..
plus cigar smole gets right up my nose ....
The following user(s) said Well Said: Morgeno1

the older I get the better I was

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 5 months 3 weeks ago #3161192

• Fleur-rose
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1318
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have started back in them since the revamp, probably lots since I first joined. Loving the different conversations and people so friendly, would recommend to any Buzzers such a variety of conversations and different rooms, go on try it you now know you want to lol xx
The following user(s) said Well Said: Morgeno1

*** WHAT'S GOING WRONG IN THE CHAT ROOMS? *** 5 months 2 weeks ago #3162474

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 443
  • Honor Medal 2010
If you are going to a chat room to meet a mate, you are in the wrong place. This is why some people leave. When I
go to a chat room , if the people are just saying hello and good bye, most of the time I also leave. The fact that
a lot of people do not want anyone knowing how they look or do not want to say anything about their self , this
also causes people to get bored .

• Page:
Moderators: Patsmikesmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds