TOPIC: Under £1000 Motorbike

Under £1000 Motorbike 5 days 17 hours ago #3522544

• Fixit
  • Fixit's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
Hi Miss NC 1Down5up,
First an apology for the late reply. I thought I would receive some sort of message telling me that I had a reply against my forum post, but nothing! I actually came here to delete as I'm thinking of leaving, only to find 8 people had replied, so I have been busy apologising to everyone :-).
I would go for the 1984 Honda Magna, but I suspect it'll have gone the same way as my 1974 Yamaha moped and shall now be a collectors item :-) Oooooh, yes please, comfy seat is very desireable, and your right, I definitely don't want to be bent in two to reach the handle bars ha ha ha.
Thank you for your reply, Take care, Fixit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Under £1000 Motorbike 5 days 16 hours ago #3522556

• mobydick
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 0
Well fixit, Let me throw in my twopenneth her. At 63 I took up motorbikes again, all I'd ever had before were british bikes mostly nortons. I was browsing through bikes on ebay and came across a suzuki bandit that looked and sounded good. chap selling it was middle aged tax inspector. only 6miles away so I went, looked bought. as I recall 4yrs old about 6000 miles immaculate. cost me £1700 at the time. It was a super bike, you could ring it's neck and it never complained. I have since bought a 750gsxr k5, a suzuki savage 650 2006, a kawasaki z300 2017, and most recently a yamaha mto3 2019. All cracking bikes in their own right but I'd have to say the 600cc bandit was as much fun as any.

Under £1000 Motorbike 5 days 3 minutes ago #3522830

• Fixit
  • Fixit's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
Ah, Interesting, Thanks MobyDick.
I know the Gixster has a great reputation all round, so I've got that on my list to view.
Also the Kawasaki back in the day was a bike I really fancied, it if I remember properly was a three cylinder compared to at the time the majority one or two cylinders bikes.
I know I think a lot more about what could happen if I came off the bike, never did back in the teenage years. But that's what
I suppose happens when you get older. Thanks again for your help. Fixit

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds