Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Many of us are carers now and so this category is for carers to share their thoughts and experiences

TOPIC: List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 2 years 1 month ago #2843789

• DiBee51
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Education and support for Carers via internet:
thecaregivernetwork.ca/event/part-1-loved-one-caregiver/

This link is to a page where carers can sign up for an upcoming webinar. However, there are other links listed on the page- to websites, blogs, and other helpful resources.

I cared for my mother-in-law part-time for about 7 years, and full-time for 3+ years. It was both a blessing and a burden. I learned so much about what to do, and what NOT to do. She has been in a nursing home for 2 years now, and I'm still processing my (and my husband's) experiences as carers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DiBee51.

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 1 year 5 months ago #3005613

• welshlion
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 137
  • Honor Medal 2010
www.gofal.org.uk/ for carers of people with dementia.

To be born Welsh is not to be born with a silver spoon in your mouth, but with a song in your heart.

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 1 year 4 months ago #3012196

• DiBee51
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
An excellent site for online support. Includes discussions/support for many different types of caregiving situations.
www.huddol.com/
When you click on the link, be sure to scroll all the way down the page to see all the info.

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 1 year 2 months ago #3069025

• Daydream
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
An organisation for people who care for a person with mental health illness is:
www.rethink.org/

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 9 months 4 weeks ago #3158052

• jeffreybbb
  • jeffreybbb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 64
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just thought I would mention that some of the information is out of date on here, so please check before using, as and when I find the space and opportunity I will attempt to update and let you know

List some agencies that may be able to help those who are caring or need caring for 7 months 4 weeks ago #3201734

• weatherpoet
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 204
Are there Any left with any money? I've tried them all and they either can't or seemingly don't want to help so I'm left to it to cope best I can for myself.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds