Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Prostate Cancer

Prostate Cancer 8 months 3 weeks ago #3122411

• Pandora
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1061
  • Honor Medal 2010
My husband has just been diagnosed, he is to have an MRI Scan next week, I am more worried than him, he takes things as they come.
Been reading the posts, looks more promising than I thought it might be, but still very worried.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Prostate Cancer 8 months 2 weeks ago #3122707

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Pandora wrote: My husband has just been diagnosed, he is to have an MRI Scan next week, I am more worried than him, he takes things as they come.
Been reading the posts, looks more promising than I thought it might be, but still very worried.

Pandora,
Really sorry to hear that your husband has just been diagnosed, Lots of Good Luck to you both.

Prostate Cancer 8 months 2 weeks ago #3123083

• Pandora
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1061
  • Honor Medal 2010
thanks its amazing how many men get it.

Prostate Cancer 6 months 4 weeks ago #3157732

• fastdawg1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 874
  • Honor Medal 2010
I just had a second test result come back again over 6 so I ended up having the MRI done yesterday instead of the biopsy first. I'll find out my results on Friday this week. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared to have surgery if it comes. The only consolation is I've had high numbers in the 1990's and it was a non issue, so holding out an outside hope it still is. Was looking into robotic surgery and how it is less invasive and I'm hoping to go that route if it comes to that.

Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die but once.

Prostate Cancer 6 months 4 weeks ago #3157878

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

fastdawg1 wrote: I just had a second test result come back again over 6 so I ended up having the MRI done yesterday instead of the biopsy first. I'll find out my results on Friday this week. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared to have surgery if it comes. The only consolation is I've had high numbers in the 1990's and it was a non issue, so holding out an outside hope it still is. Was looking into robotic surgery and how it is less invasive and I'm hoping to go that route if it comes to that.

Lots of Good Luck Fastdawg,hope everything goes well for you.

Prostate Cancer 6 months 4 weeks ago #3158056

• fastdawg1
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 874
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote:

fastdawg1 wrote: I just had a second test result come back again over 6 so I ended up having the MRI done yesterday instead of the biopsy first. I'll find out my results on Friday this week. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared to have surgery if it comes. The only consolation is I've had high numbers in the 1990's and it was a non issue, so holding out an outside hope it still is. Was looking into robotic surgery and how it is less invasive and I'm hoping to go that route if it comes to that.

Thanks, actually heard from the Doctor today after this post. I'm cleared, I'm good. My test results came back good, I don't have cancer. My prostate is double regular size, but then again what isn't about me! I have a big head, hands and feet so I'm good. He said I'm boring test wise and doesn't want to see me back until next year with another PSA test. I'm good with that, good news finally. Evidently my numbers are my normal.

Cowards die a thousand deaths, heroes die but once.

Prostate Cancer 6 months 4 weeks ago #3158060

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10683
  • Honor Medal 2010
That's good news fastdawg.

My better half has an enlarged prostate, he is on medication and has yearly PSA checks.

Glad you are all clear.smile.png

Happy to help.

Prostate Cancer 6 months 3 weeks ago #3158290

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

fastdawg1 wrote:

JUJO wrote:

Thanks, actually heard from the Doctor today after this post. I'm cleared, I'm good. My test results came back good, I don't have cancer. My prostate is double regular size, but then again what isn't about me! I have a big head, hands and feet so I'm good. He said I'm boring test wise and doesn't want to see me back until next year with another PSA test. I'm good with that, good news finally. Evidently my numbers are my normal.

Fantastic news Fastdawg,Really happy for you,that your test results are all clear.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds