Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Living with Cancer

Living with Cancer 1 year 6 months ago #2864375

• MaggieYork
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

If you are an English-speaker living in France and have cancer or you are caring for someone who has cancer, I can recommend an English-speaking support group well-known in France. If you need confidential support by telephone or a home visit, or need help with translation at your medical appointments, contact www.cancersupportfrance.org or telephone the national helpline 0800 240 200 - your call is free. On the website, you can find a local Association in your area where one exists. If there isn't one for your area, don't worry, the national helpline responder will be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you.

CSF provide individual support for the person with cancer as well as separate support for the carer if they request it. We cannot provide services such as shopping, animal care, domestic work or medical supervision but we can put you in touch with other agencies that can proved assistance.

If you have a relative in France but you live elsewhere and have a question about their cancer, you are welcome to contact the website where your enquiry will be dealt with and support found where necessary. They will not be able to discuss treatment plans or comment on individual client cases. Confidentiality is the mainstay of their support.

It is necessary for the caller to know that whilst they will do all they can to help, any formal request from the person with cancer has to come directly from them. The same applies to the carer should they need it.

You can read my profile to see my connection with this organisation.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MaggieYork.

Re:Living with Cancer 1 year 1 month ago #2973067

• Dwayne Dibley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've found the saying "a drowning man will clutch at straws" is highly appropriate, the initial diagnosis is shocking your world falls apart, you then start looking for answers and cures, problem is for every good bit of advice there's a torrent of old wives tales and crank cures to pick through, bottom line is I found cancer to be an incredibly complex illness the treatments are just as much the truth is there's no silver bullet either, one thing you do notice from early on is cancer isn't prejudiced, black white, Muslim atheists rich or poor it doesn't matter no one is immune, if I could give any advice it would be to try and make peace with the world, don't be bitter or angry it wont make any difference, try and take each day at a time, cherish each new day and whatever you do avoid watching he news or reading papers it will only depress you, well it does me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds