TOPIC: Is FrExit Next?

Is FrExit Next? 1 day 17 hours ago #3524223

• Realist
  • Realist's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1891
  • Honor Medal 2010
Nigel Farage invited into anti-EU coalition by Frexit campaign to take France out of bloc

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1332902/eu-new...t-european-union-spt

"Charles-Henri Gallois has launched a new campaign, inspired by both the Brexit Party and Vote Leave. Mr Gallois wants France to "reprenons le controle", which roughly translates to take back control, and leave the EU through a referendum. Brexit Party colours and fonts are used in his new campaign named Generation Frexit.

In an exclusive interview with Express.co.uk, the prominent French eurosceptic said: "For me, the British Brexit campaign was incredible.

"It was a war for European nations to take back control.

“What we want to do is help the French secure a referendum on our country’s membership of the European Union – and to advocate for Frexit during this referendum.”"

Interesting stuff. All has not been well in France for a while with the Yellow Jackets protesting and so on.

With the advent of the UK leaving and the prospect of the main member states having to pick up the tab for the huge dent in the EU budget that the UK leaves, it's looking like France might have had enough too. I confess I didn't think France would be the first to try and follow the UK out of the EU but these are turbulent times.
Only dead fish swim with the flow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Is FrExit Next? 1 day 16 hours ago #3524226

• Realist
  • Realist's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1891
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some other indicators of future "exits" too by the look of it:

www.express.co.uk/news/world/1327147/eu-...e-eu-italexit-Frexit

"THE EU has been dealt a major blow after a shock poll revealed growing support for leaving the Brussels bloc among its ‘Big Four'."

"The Union is under pressure after results revealed member states would consider exiting the bloc if Brexit proved to be a success. Nearly half of Italians quizzed said they would consider leaving the EU if the UK and its economy were in a “good state” in five years after its exit."

"Forty-five percent of Italian citizens said they agreed or strongly agreed with ‘Italexit’ when they were asked “I will be more likely to support my country leaving the EU if the UK and its economy are in a good state in five years, agree or disagree?”

Meanwhile, the Redfield and Wilton Strategies poll, commissioned by Euronews, found 38 percent of French people would consider unshackling itself from the bloc in the event of a successful Brexit.

While Spain saw 37 percent of its citizens in favour of leaving."
Only dead fish swim with the flow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds