Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Started in 2014 to help Banish Loneliness and still going strong in 2020
This category is to talk about loneliness for any reason such as caring,or during covid-19 etc and to touch base with others so that you know you are not alone.
  • Page:

TOPIC: dealing with the loneliness of ur deceased spouse

dealing with the loneliness of ur deceased spouse 2 weeks 8 hours ago #3830489

• Texas Ranger
  • Texas Ranger's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
  • Honor Medal 2010
my gal has been gone19 months now .we were both health active individuals and she died in a trajic ATV rollover accident while we were at the ranch.. my church sent me to grief class and soon after I joined the lake area senior singles group which helps alot ..but at home alone I am sad and tend to eat for comfort which is affecting my health as now days i am over weight . I still exercise daily and eat correctly (just to much) my singles activities keep me from sitting home 24/7 but I want to know what ur doing to keep going?
I want to be in a relationship but its so hard now days .. everybody is a train wreck..(my self included)
suggestions?
there she is on the atv that killed her
I fear I will become a crotchety old man

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pascalou. Reason: Fixed photo

dealing with the loneliness of ur deceased spouse 2 weeks 7 hours ago #3830498

• Dennis 2
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 679
  • Honor Medal 2010
Get involved with people that do what you like to do be selfish. There are so many looking just like we are, I shoot in matches and fish weekly and have met so many addicted just like myself with similar interests as I have, honestly, I feel there are so many in this state of life it is much easier to meet others than when younger. I have been very fortunate to do so and could just about either fish or shoot daily if I chose to. Being a very outgoing and forward personality helps a lot. There are a lot of real duds also out there. I met my best friend now a neighbor by making a comment about dusty/dirty boots at a truck stop getting fuel.
The following user(s) said Well Said: WWWoody

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.

dealing with the loneliness of ur deceased spouse 2 weeks 4 hours ago #3830631

• Summerdancing
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 340
  • Honor Medal 2010
My condolences for your loss. May I suggest that before you get into another relationship, you ensure that your have grieved. It's been only a year and six months--not that long to recover from such a loss.

You're doing all the right stuff--getting out, meeting people--staying active. Time--give yourself some time. Maybe try something you have never done before--it will occupy your mind in a way that doing the familiar doesn't.

It sounds as though you have a good support group....so it's one foot in front of the other. And some days will just be awful. And other days will be okay. And then one day, it will be wonderful to feel the air, bask in the sun and take joy in friends.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Wren, WWWoody, blackeyesusan, GardenLady55

dealing with the loneliness of ur deceased spouse 6 days 17 hours ago #3833536

• GardenLady55
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3
Well It has been one year since my husband passed away and to top it off I fought for my life for 2.5 months in the hospital with covid pneumonia during the holidays last year. I tell you this just to say, get up every morning, be thankful for every breath you can take, and enjoy the sunshine and people around you
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

• Page:
Moderators: PascaloumikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds