Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Started in 2014 to help Banish Loneliness and still going strong in 2020
This category is to talk about loneliness in caring,or during covid-19 etc and to touch base with others so that you know you are not alone.

TOPIC: alone

alone 1 week 3 days ago #3553637

• Rips
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2173
  • Honor Medal 2010
I also never thought I’d be living alone . Here I am since lockdown me & my wee dog , although my youngest son who happens to live next door has been a treasure .
I am alone but not lonely I’m in a strange limbo of past memories and plans for the future .
I’ve forced myself to keep busy in the first lockdown ,the sunshine helped long days in the garden .
Now it isn’t so easy ! Everything has been painted and polished the garden planted ,I’m running out of jobs .
I think I’m bored not with life with lockdown.
The following user(s) said Well Said: cahoots, Libby, Keeper, Aida, Kate, aviator

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rips.

alone 1 week 3 days ago #3553672

• aviator
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 518
  • Honor Medal 2010
i now realise you can be alone even when surrounded by many, depending on what you mean by alone. despite spending daytime in company of mother and brother, remaining in contact with children and grandchildren; i at times feel i am alone. i have come to phylosophise that the best of others company can not replace the company of your wife or partner - and i am not as negative as it may sound. i have no problem continuing with life as it is but for that occassional nagging feeling of something missing.

finding buzz, by chance, has got me friends worldwide and helped partly overcome "that feeing of something missing"
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annnie, cahoots, Keeper, Rips, Scottieluvr, RainDreamer

alone 6 days 52 minutes ago #3555813

• woodsaw
  • woodsaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 31
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have felt lonely for many years but right now have reached a low I have never been to before I thought last year I was going to start to live life again but corvid had other ideas, is it so much to want just to cuddle and kiss again to walk arm in arm and as the last person said that horrid feeling of loneliness in a crowd as well
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, aviator, RainDreamer

alone 5 days 19 hours ago #3555927

• James1958
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3
Well said , its times like this that one also realizes the things and people they never really appreciated.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, RainDreamer

alone 5 days 2 hours ago #3556312

• RainDreamer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8
Loneliness is a killer of the soul. I was hoping this year would have been not so but well .... it has just gotten worse. I am trying to accept it and keep busy but I cant even write any poetry that is happy or anything but sad and lonely. So I havent written in a while I am even closing both my poetry sites down soon since no one goes there anymore I am sure because no one wants to read sad and stuff all the time. lol I still have a tiny spark of hope deep down but I have stopped trying. I truly wish the best to all that feel lonely, rejected, ignored, hurt. May you find your solace and warmth soon.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida

alone 4 days 17 hours ago #3556541

• aviator
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 518
  • Honor Medal 2010

RainDreamer wrote: Loneliness is a killer of the soul. I was hoping this year would have been not so but well .... it has just gotten worse. I am trying to accept it and keep busy but I cant even write any poetry that is happy or anything but sad and lonely. So I havent written in a while I am even closing both my poetry sites down soon since no one goes there anymore I am sure because no one wants to read sad and stuff all the time. lol I still have a tiny spark of hope deep down but I have stopped trying. I truly wish the best to all that feel lonely, rejected, ignored, hurt. May you find your solace and warmth soon.

i hope you can come out of this, the sooner the better.

sad stuff by themselves may not be the problem. tragedies have elicited greater responses. i prefer tragedies provided they are well made / written. i am not much in to poetry, more so in english language but i may like sad mood songs in any language.

do keep up the spirits and continue writing poetries even if others do not appreciate them. additionally, see if you could find other activities
The following user(s) said Well Said: RainDreamer

Last edit: by aviator.

alone 3 days 3 hours ago #3557238

• RainDreamer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8

aviator wrote:

RainDreamer wrote: Loneliness is a killer of the soul. I was hoping this year would have been not so but well .... it has just gotten worse. I am trying to accept it and keep busy but I cant even write any poetry that is happy or anything but sad and lonely. So I havent written in a while I am even closing both my poetry sites down soon since no one goes there anymore I am sure because no one wants to read sad and stuff all the time. lol I still have a tiny spark of hope deep down but I have stopped trying. I truly wish the best to all that feel lonely, rejected, ignored, hurt. May you find your solace and warmth soon.

i hope you can come out of this, the sooner the better.

sad stuff by themselves may not be the problem. tragedies have elicited greater responses. i prefer tragedies provided they are well made / written. i am not much in to poetry, more so in english language but i may like sad mood songs in any language.

do keep up the spirits and continue writing poetries even if others do not appreciate them. additionally, see if you could find other activities

Thank you Aviator I am doing the best I can right now. I am hopeful it will pass and things will get better. But I have decided not to hide my sadness and feelings like I always have and I have been ridiculed for it but I feel better not pretending anymore!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, aviator

Last edit: by RainDreamer.

alone 1 day 13 hours ago #3557800

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3068
  • Honor Medal 2010
I write poetry too. I used to belong to a group, we somtimes performed locally. However, we moved house for health reasons and I have only written one poem in 6 years since leaving my other life behind. Sometimes I feel like I don't have a 'life' outside my home and caring for my husband: I have lost my muse. I still read poetry every day, though. I make time for it. It keeps me going. My only friend has early dementia. We speak on the phone but he often doesn't remember. I feel like I am on a treadmill and I can't get off: cook ,clean, do laundry, go to bed, get up start again....everything has to run smoothly or we could end up needing help. I know where you are coming from.
Take care, stay safe.
The following user(s) said Well Said: aviator, RainDreamer

Last edit: by Aida.
Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds