Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?
  • Page:

TOPIC: The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo

The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo 2 months 2 weeks ago #3192548

• Marker2you
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1162
  • Honor Medal 2010
It was Christmas...........I was raised that Christmas was more of a religious holiday and for children....She grew up loving Christmas but from very humble means...... she so loved everything about Christmas..........I came to see it as "her holiday"...........and we made each one a celebration!

Since then, Christmas is just a day to get through..
The following user(s) said Well Said: Madison, Sweetness56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo 2 months 2 weeks ago #3192556

• Madison
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 83

Back again wrote: It wasn't my first anniversary that was the worse. It was my first birthday without my husband. I remember the people I worked with went out of there way to make it special. A lot of tears that day.

I just spent my first birthday without my husband, alone. I don't think I will ever get my life back together. Any progress I make seems to be followed by a setback. Sometimes I think I would be better off joining him in the great unknown.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Mawai

The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo 2 months 2 weeks ago #3192579

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9644
  • Honor Medal 2010

Madison wrote:

Back again wrote: It wasn't my first anniversary that was the worse. It was my first birthday without my husband. I remember the people I worked with went out of there way to make it special. A lot of tears that day.

I just spent my first birthday without my husband, alone. I don't think I will ever get my life back together. Any progress I make seems to be followed by a setback. Sometimes I think I would be better off joining him in the great unknown.

I understand where you are coming from and your heartbreak. Having said that, I disagree with the hopelessness of it all. Each new day is a fresh beginning. Take time to reflect on the happy times you shared together knowing that
love never fails, it springs afresh in each season of life. Love is eternal and forever. I know one day I shall see him again and our hearts will rejoice.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, Mawai, Sweetness56

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo 2 months 1 week ago #3192994

• Back again
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 158
  • Honor Medal 2010
Oh Madison it is so hard. Take care, after some time you will remember the good times.

The first wedding anniversary spent alone for a widow has got to be the most "alone" someo 2 months 1 week ago #3193425

• Frankie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1709
  • Honor Medal 2010
What a beautiful thread expressed so well what a lot of hidden grief we share:(

• Page:
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds