Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Widowhood and loneliness

Widowhood and loneliness 1 week 6 days ago #3498787

• losthorizon
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 57
No my illness does not cause me to become aggressive its more an emotional thing but the church admitted they didn't feel comfortable with something they didn't understand, my ex friend on Buzz didn't like the idea that I had tried to take my own life due to despair

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Widowhood and loneliness 1 week 6 days ago #3498795

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1732
  • Honor Medal 2010

losthorizon wrote: No my illness does not cause me to become aggressive its more an emotional thing but the church admitted they didn't feel comfortable with something they didn't understand, my ex friend on Buzz didn't like the idea that I had tried to take my own life due to despair

please ask your doctor to refer you for talking therapy, for you to be able to talk about everything and anything that is bothering you could really help you
No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Widowhood and loneliness 1 week 2 days ago #3500797

• aviator
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 41
i have often wondered how can one pull along except to think on the lines " the life goes on , that's life.

i lost my wife 4 years back, just months after retirement and plans to spend more time together. i have not suffered a major problem because i could be with my children for some months a year, and give company to my mother, who lives nearby, for the months i am back home. Also, my company called me back for contractual job till recently. After COVID that too was over.

while overall , i am fairly engaged, i do sometimes feel at sea at the thought of being "alone" without my wife.

thus, i tried out social media, with mixed feelings till now.

Back again wrote: I have been a widow for 20 years and yes it's hard but I look to my son who has achieved so much after losing his dad at 17 years.
It hurts but life goes on

The following user(s) said Well Said: PJ54

Widowhood and loneliness 3 days 12 hours ago #3503825

• losthorizon
  • Away
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 57
I am just one of the number of lonely people having lost my wife six months ago, I held her hand as she died, will this pain ever go?

Widowhood and loneliness 3 days 11 hours ago #3503837

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1498
  • Honor Medal 2010

losthorizon wrote: I am just one of the number of lonely people having lost my wife six months ago, I held her hand as she died, will this pain ever go?

The first year is hard, it’s important to find ways to allow yourself to grieve. Sometimes finding ways to celebrate your spouse’s accomplishments can offer some comfort... supporting her favorite charities.....
Just learning a new hobby for yourself....
or learning a even in her honor....
Plant a Garden,....
Wood working....
painting...
volunteering especially at an animal shelter, so animals can be very comforting and they crave need human contact.
Keeping a daily journal of your feelings, of special memories together, that you can go back and find comfort in.
FORGIVENESS doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart ,•*”*•,,.•*’%,.•”

Widowhood and loneliness 3 days 5 hours ago #3503971

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1498
  • Honor Medal 2010

Kosiecat2 wrote: I am a widow, too. I lost my husband of 36 years to colon cancer. He suffered a long time. A lot of it he hid from me until he couldn’t hide it anymore. I became his full time care giver the last year. It’s so heart breaking to watch the strongest person you’ve ever known become sick and you can’t fix it. My friends don’t understand. They think I should be over it now. Of course, they still have their family in tact. In four short years, I lost my mom, sister, husband and father. All to cancer. The loneliness every single day is the worst part after grief.

My cousin suggested I go to church with her. Well... all the widows sit in one long row. No thank you! It looked like a row of shame.

Anyway. I’m glad I found this forum. New friends and someone to chat with in the middle of the night sounds wonderful.

My condolences for your loss, Welcome to Buzz it’s a great way to socialize especially these days smile.png
FORGIVENESS doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart ,•*”*•,,.•*’%,.•”

Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds