Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Widowhood and loneliness

Widowhood and loneliness 3 months 4 weeks ago #3418031

• jacquie
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 10
I certainly understand how everyone who has posted feels. I lost my husband 5 years ago to melanoma and I wish it had been me instead of him. The family either thinks Im over it or an coping fine but in reality it gets worse. I would like to have a friend but I just cant seem to get motivated to go out and meet people. Hence joining this site. And the first thing I add sound like a winge. But life will go on and we will all go along with it.
The following user(s) said Well Said: ron french, Libby, Rose57, RichardA, Bessie, blackeyesusan, Dee Dee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Widowhood and loneliness 3 months 4 weeks ago #3418054

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2515
  • Honor Medal 2010
you'll have lots of friends on here jacquie. have no fear of that! smile.png
so sorry to hear of your sad loss. :xxx: :(
Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Rose57

Widowhood and loneliness 3 months 3 weeks ago #3418086

• Pheobe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

jacquie wrote: I certainly understand how everyone who has posted feels. I lost my husband 5 years ago to melanoma and I wish it had been me instead of him. The family either thinks Im over it or an coping fine but in reality it gets worse. I would like to have a friend but I just cant seem to get motivated to go out and meet people. Hence joining this site. And the first thing I add sound like a winge. But life will go on and we will all go along with it.

I know exactly how you feel jacquie, family have their own lives and get on with it, we however struggle to fill that empty space in our lives. ((hugs))

Widowhood and loneliness 1 month 4 weeks ago #3456469

• 60sGeneration
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 13
Although not as traumatic as the loss of a spouse due to death, the dissolution of a marriage and the years of loneliness that can follow in its wake can make it seem as if a suffocating blanket of silence has fallen over your life. And if that isn't a depressing string of words I don't know what is. But when all is said and done, life somehow goes on.
The following user(s) said Well Said: largolass, Libby, Keeper, Rose57, Bessie, Pheobe

Widowhood and loneliness 1 month 3 weeks ago #3459031

• Afi
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 24
  • Honor Medal 2010
Come September the passing of my beloved hubby will be 10yrs. I do voluntary work to keep busy and do visiting people back from hospital. I go to bed late so I don't have to think or let my brain work.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Keeper, Rose57, Bessie, Dee Dee

Widowhood and loneliness 3 weeks 2 days ago #3477822

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
i lost mine a year ago. on june 6th just gone.... hate these dates that come around like this.. :(
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pheobe, Dee Dee

Widowhood and loneliness 3 weeks 2 days ago #3477951

• Rose57
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1567
  • Honor Medal 2010
This Sept 9th will all be the 10th year of my late husband’s passing. It doesn’t seem that long ago.
Sending A hug to you both Afi and Bessie.
FORGIVENESS doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart ,•*”*•,,.•*’%,.•”
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie, Dee Dee

Widowhood and loneliness 3 weeks 1 day ago #3478048

• Jinty
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 175
  • Honor Medal 2010
After the (initial grieve),because it doesn't go away,loneliness is a killer.Coming up for the 4th anniversary of my husbands sudden death,i have got stronger,and managed to do things i didn't know i could.....just out of sheer stubbornness not to ask anyone.Plus this lock down and shielding has made the loneliness even more acute.
Scottish by Birth,
British by law,
Highlander by the grace of God.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Bessie, Pheobe, Dee Dee

Widowhood and loneliness 3 weeks 1 day ago #3478530

• SISEY
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
Hello I lost my husband 2yrs and 7 long months ago. I thought it was the end of my life but I found out that I was still alive and had to find a new normal life for myself. Its the hardest thing I have ever done. I am so lonely and lost without him. I tried to post a few minutes ago and it gave me a error sign hope this one goes through. I just wanted to introduce my self Sisey
The following user(s) said Well Said: Soaring, Libby, PJ54, Dee Dee

Widowhood and loneliness 3 weeks 1 day ago #3478561

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
hello sisey. welcome to the forum. so sorry to hear this. come here, we'll cheer you up. i know what your going through, i lost mine a year ago! but buzz has helped me a lot to cope. there's errors on and off all the time, you get used to them after a while. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, PJ54, Pheobe

Moderators: Pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds