Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Widowhood and loneliness

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2997372

• Noelle1965
  • Noelle1965's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As a new widow I am getting acquainted with feeling lonely but am determined not to let that be where I stay. I was the full time carer for my husband of 11 years who had metastatic gall bladder cancer. He was diagnosed initially in July of last year with metastasis found in February and I lost him earlier this month. If you are also one who has experienced this kind of loss feel free to message me. Listening to others and have them listen to you can make you feel less lonely and more connected to others. Noelle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Noelle1965.

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2997613

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Noelle1965 wrote: As a new widow I am getting acquainted with feeling lonely but am determined not to let that be where I stay. I was the full time carer for my husband of 11 years who had metastatic gall bladder cancer. He was diagnosed initially in July of last year with metastasis found in February and I lost him earlier this month. If you are also one who has experienced this kind of loss feel free to message me. Listening to others and have them listen to you can make you feel less lonely and more connected to others. Noelle

So very sorry for your loss.

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2997616

• selftapper
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 224
  • Honor Medal 2010
Best Wishes and [[ hugs]] Noelle
xxxxx

the older I get the better I was

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2997844

• Noelle1965
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Jujo

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2997845

• Noelle1965
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, Self

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #2998583

• Juju
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I lost my husband of 45 years to bile duct cancer in December, 2016. He was the bravest strongest man I ever knew He was diagnosed February, 2016, and although his surgical treatment was not successful, it gave him a slightly better quality of life for a short period of time before it metastasized. We never expected him to get sick, because he was so active and strong I have some periods now where I am happy and joyous again, but most of my activities are just doing what I have to do just to get through the day.

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 5 months ago #3007834

• kerry
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have experienced a couple of losses and understand that grieving takes time and we all experience it in different ways. This best advice the doctor gave me (I went for medication to take the pain away) was to go along with whatever I was feeling. He said if you want to cry, cry. If you want to get angry, get angry etc.
We need to let our feelings out (when appropriate) otherwise they become like lave bubbling away in a volcano which will eventually errupt.
Be kind to yourself x

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 1 month ago #3079525

• spiritofspain
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 182
  • Honor Medal 2010

Noelle1965 wrote: As a new widow I am getting acquainted with feeling lonely but am determined not to let that be where I stay. I was the full time carer for my husband of 11 years who had metastatic gall bladder cancer. He was diagnosed initially in July of last year with metastasis found in February and I lost him earlier this month. If you are also one who has experienced this kind of loss feel free to message me. Listening to others and have them listen to you can make you feel less lonely and more connected to others. Noelle

I am so sorry for your loss and really admire your offer to others in similar circumstances to contact you .. if you were there 12 years ago I would have been first in the queue :xxx:

Take care of yourself and if you need a shoulder then I am here …. as a been there, done that, but a few years ago, Buzz member :xxx:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jennet

Aspire to inspire before you expire

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 1 month ago #3079573

• oldal
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3276
  • Honor Medal 2010
I lost my wife 16 years ago, and yes, I still miss her. But it does get better over the years and life goes on.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jennet

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

Widowhood and loneliness 1 year 1 month ago #3083302

• darren123
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
sorry about your loss.
lost my partner of 10 years to cancer too, jan 2016 my world fell apart.
greatest woman i'd ever know lost the fight after 2 years of treatment.
she was so brave, fought hard and always had a smile.
i was angry, upset, stressed for a long time.
it does get better, took awhile but getting there. you cant just give up.
life's not the same but getting happy again, still have sad memories pop into my head, think you always will.
she wouldn't want me to be sad and lonely, but i find it hard to meet new people anyway as bit shy.

but just want to say, you can get through it. dont give up.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds