Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 2 months ago #2838937

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 856
  • Honor Medal 2010
Here on Buzz50 we take loneliness very seriously and do what we can to make all our members, old and new, feel welcomed and wanted.

When Buzz50 was first set up over 10 years ago it was intended to be a friendly place where people could feel wanted, needed and that they are amongst friends. That mission still holds true now!

One of the most basic human needs is to feel connected with others, to be noticed, wanted and of value to others.

Approximately 42.6 million adults over the age of 45 still suffer from chronic loneliness which is a real shame in this day and age but with the advent of The Internet, friendship only needs to be a mouse click or a tablet tap away!

If you feel lonely or alone then here at Buzz50 we have plenty of answers for you in the shape of discussion forums, chat rooms, profile pages, photo galleries and much, much more.

Come along and join us and tell anyone else who you think may benefit from our friendly and free site!

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike
Site Admin
Head Buzzer !

We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!
Last edit: by mike.

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 2 months ago #2838985

• JUJO
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I personally think Buzz has helped an awful lot of people to cope with loneliness,and make new friends.

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 2 months ago #2839135

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6018
  • Honor Medal 2010
It has helped me for sure. I have one special friend that I look forward to talking to every day.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 2 months ago #2839203

• susiesuze
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
it really does help i find cold dark winter nights horrible since i lost my husband of 32 years, nearly 2 years ago

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 2 months ago #2839210

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
It was this time of year 13yrs ago that my wife left. It certainly was a cold dark time for sure. It's nice to connect with others in a similar situation.

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 1 month ago #2839884

• susiesuze
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It was this time of year as well that my husband got sick and died 28th december 2015, so feeling quite sad

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 1 month ago #2839907

• HipGnosis
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I heard a piece on NPR where a former US surgen general said loneliness shorted lifespan more than smoking!!
It prompted me to find and join Buzz50. So I'm kinda counting on you...

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 1 month ago #2839911

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

susiesuze wrote: It was this time of year as well that my husband got sick and died 28th december 2015, so feeling quite sad

I'm sorry for your loss Suzie. It's natural to feel sad for a long time after, we all handle adversity in our own way. We had no children & I have no family. I withdrew from friends, just 1 kept in touch with me. It was a desolate time & felt totally alone in the world. Her parents were good to me though & tried to help. I resisted going to the bottle & refused to take anti depressants that my GP gave me. Even after having a 2yr relationship with another lady 9 months later, I feel I have never really recovered from the shock. I am now on anti depressants, as I was finding it more & more difficult to cope mentally. Joining Buzz has helped a lot I feel. I had never used this sort of site before & didn't know what to expect. There are some really lovely people on here & have been a lifeline for me at some dark times. I hope you find some comfort here.

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 1 month ago #2839916

• susiesuze
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i was given anti depressants i never took them, sometimes it is so dark, other times iam ok, some people say come on now it's nearly 2 years get over it,??i have never been alone before, i bob in and out of here sometimes i can't even face this as iam so unsure of myself, you don't get over it you just learn to get by i used to be a very confident woman.
So sorry for your situation hope you are coping ok,

Loneliness can seriously affect your health - Buzz50 can help 2 years 1 month ago #2839919

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9899
  • Honor Medal 2010

susiesuze wrote: i was given anti depressants i never took them, sometimes it is so dark, other times iam ok, some people say come on now it's nearly 2 years get over it,??i

You don't 'get over' a devastating loss susiesuze.....you learn to live with it, and that takes time.....allow yourself that time.

Grief is a process, a process you will come through in time.
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds