Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: What Do You Love About Being A Senior?

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 years 1 month ago #2846679

• frazzled2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 412
  • Honor Medal 2010
I agree with much of what tiddlywinks said. We can be who we are. We don't have to answer to anyone.
I think people show more respect to an older person and so many want to "help". I like being treated like a queen by strangers.
People seem to really like to help older people and think it's cute when we do stupid things. If we make mistakes we can blame everything on being so forgetful. If we are comfortable with ourselves and what we've learned over the years it's great.
No more pressure! (;;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 years 1 month ago #2846685

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 6924
  • Honor Medal 2010
i must say have never considered myself a senior yet.:P
In my country the term senior refers automatically to over 60 people so when I sometimes tell friends or relatives I am registered in a forum for seniors they either laugh unbelievingly , or say are you kidding?.....

So in a few years time when I reach 60ies I will consider myself a senior and be happy to get discounted traveling tickets and entrances to museums and cinemas.;)

And in a decade I bet what I will enjoy the most is being retired...

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by pascalou.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 years 2 weeks ago #2869794

• peterpan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
grand children no hair or teeth to brush

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 9 months ago #2934485

• VinceM
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Doing anything at your own pace. Waking up, smelling the coffee and the ability to be grateful for everyday above ground. Doing and saying it like it is without caring what people think. Watching your grand kids and great grand kids grow up. Spending more time in the great outdoors and fishing. Being blessed and appreciating good health. Being able to still ride my motorcycle and touring the West. To name just a few.....

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 9 months ago #2934500

• Arachne
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 913
  • Honor Medal 2010
My kids and grandson.. The wind on my face while walking through the forest. The sound of rain and the smell after the first rain in a long while.. Being able to be healthy, happy and can still do yoga poses lol. That time does march on but it is what you choose to do with it that makes all the difference.. Traveling.. oh and doing things on my bucket list ;)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Jennet

'The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line.'

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 9 months ago #2934525

• Mykle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Doing stupid things like lying down in the snow to take a picture through some bushes only to find the cameras battery had run out, and then just lying there laughing.
being able to get up when I want, and having a curl up in an afternoon in a warm house when its minus 12c outside.
Saying hello to anybody and not getting strange looks .
getting on the long distance bus to Bergen and asking for pensionist til Bergen please, 33% off.
Most of all glad to wake up to another day.
Oh forgot , yes the wonderful thing on my last visit to U k being offered a seat on the underground by a young man of maybe 18. Manners are not Dead

Last edit: by Mykle.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 5 months ago #3023222

• senile1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

JUJO wrote: I am not retired, but unable to work due to ill health, I personally would love to be able to work again.

Tis my biggest fear in life, becoming disabled and/or ill health preventing my being able to work B)

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 5 months ago #3023242

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3469
  • Honor Medal 2010
Q. What Do You Love About Being A Senior?
A. nothing

After reading some of the other replies, there is my kids, grandkids and great grandkids, but nothing else. :cheer: :cheer:

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “
Last edit: by oldal.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 4 months ago #3024562

• Frankie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1768
  • Honor Medal 2010
I love being a Senior because first of all im better looking than I was and clothes hang better on me due to my slim figure, my running lifting weights and biking performances are off the charts, oh I forgot to tell you they told me Im delusional
but I am better looking:woohoo:

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 year 4 months ago #3024980

• Missey
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 98
  • Honor Medal 2010
Being free the clock..... time to get up, time to go to work, time for lunchbreak, time, time, time.
Now it's great being retired and time is mostly:cheer: when it suits.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sue 8pal

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds