Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: What Do You Love About Being A Senior?

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 months 4 weeks ago #3300561

• Jane R
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5392
  • Honor Medal 2010
You're a member of Buzz and posting on the main Senior forum Jujo...afraid over 50 is senior even if like me you feel 30 inside...(;;)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Topsy, Rose57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 months 4 weeks ago #3300755

• Eira
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8665
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: I am not a senior,and if I am right retirement age for female in U.K. is 63 ,I could be wrong,so I have ten more years to wait until I become a senior.

The upper state pension retirement age for men and women in UK is now 68 but when the pension age was increased it was done in stages, so the age at which you qualify for a state pension depends on the year you were born.
My older sister was eligible for a state pension when she reached 63 but I’m in my early 60s now and have to wait until I’m 67.
If you are 53 now, Jujo, I would estimate you won’t be eligible for a state pension until you are 67, so I’m afraid you may have to wait longer than you had expected.

If you want to check out your own pensionable age, there’s a calculator on the Government website where you can input your date of birth and it tells you at what age you will qualify for a state pension.

www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

Step by step, one goes a long way.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 2 months 4 weeks ago #3300824

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3032
  • Honor Medal 2010

Jane R wrote: You're a member of Buzz and posting on the main Senior forum Jujo...afraid over 50 is senior even if like me you feel 30 inside...(;;)

I meant legally in the Government eyes

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 week 6 days ago #3343569

• don61
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4
Recently retired, and still uncomfortable with that word 'senior' - not really used in these parts.
Enjoying the spare time, lack of deadlines and hard work, so far!
Changing gears from the working world to home life after 40 years.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 week 6 days ago #3343607

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3032
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:

JUJO wrote: I am not a senior,and if I am right retirement age for female in U.K. is 63 ,I could be wrong,so I have ten more years to wait until I become a senior.

The upper state pension retirement age for men and women in UK is now 68 but when the pension age was increased it was done in stages, so the age at which you qualify for a state pension depends on the year you were born.
My older sister was eligible for a state pension when she reached 63 but I’m in my early 60s now and have to wait until I’m 67.
If you are 53 now, Jujo, I would estimate you won’t be eligible for a state pension until you are 67, so I’m afraid you may have to wait longer than you had expected.

If you want to check out your own pensionable age, there’s a calculator on the Government website where you can input your date of birth and it tells you at what age you will qualify for a state pension.

www.gov.uk/state-pension-age

You are right Eira, 67 years old when I become state pension age.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

What Do You Love About Being A Senior? 1 week 3 days ago #3345468

• Back again
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 252
  • Honor Medal 2010
Call me what you want I am enjoying being a senior. I done my bit for 45 years so now it's time to relax and enjoy life

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds