Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 5 days ago #3234484

• Lorna Doone
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 102

Lonewolf65 wrote:

weatherpoet wrote: LW - I'm just on the same wavelength as you because I share your dreams. My dreams have kept me going for years. If you don't have a dream, you don't have hope and you need hope to keep going when life feels empty.

I was certainly having a bad few days a week ago , but I'm still walking tall . Well short really but hats just not a saying ha ha. Had a few laughs in the chat . Which is good wasn't sure I still could , hand although I feel quite wired / strange person , reading posts throughout the forum , maybe I'm not so weird after all , I'm just misplaced
And one day someone will find me or I will find something ,someone , or somewhere

LW

Hello LW,

I am glad you are feeling better than when you joined. I don't think you are weird/strange at all. We all have different life experiences and it is how we learn to deal with them that makes the difference. You have found that medication doesn't suit you, you found the courage to step into the Buzz site and have found that there is company here, you have started your own threads and participated in others, enjoyed some chats and it has lifted your spirits. smile.png
Maybe, in time, as you get to know Buzzers better you might find the confidence to enjoy one of the regular meets. Little steps as you say, don't rush, concentrate on making friends both male and female, grow your confidence, look outwards, smile, try to make someone else's day with a small gesture and who knows what the future may bring.
You are lucky, you have your freedom, you can get out and about, make the most ot it, dreams can come true. smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lonewolf65

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 5 days ago #3234491

• Lonewolf65
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 35

Lorna Doone wrote:

Lonewolf65 wrote:

weatherpoet wrote: LW - I'm just on the same wavelength as you because I share your dreams. My dreams have kept me going for years. If you don't have a dream, you don't have hope and you need hope to keep going when life feels empty.

I was certainly having a bad few days a week ago , but I'm still walking tall . Well short really but hats just not a saying ha ha. Had a few laughs in the chat . Which is good wasn't sure I still could , hand although I feel quite wired / strange person , reading posts throughout the forum , maybe I'm not so weird after all , I'm just misplaced
And one day someone will find me or I will find something ,someone , or somewhere

LW

Hello LW,

I am glad you are feeling better than when you joined. I don't think you are weird/strange at all. We all have different life experiences and it is how we learn to deal with them that makes the difference. You have found that medication doesn't suit you, you found the courage to step into the Buzz site and have found that there is company here, you have started your own threads and participated in others, enjoyed some chats and it has lifted your spirits. smile.png
Maybe, in time, as you get to know Buzzers better you might find the confidence to enjoy one of the regular meets. Little steps as you say, don't rush, concentrate on making friends both male and female, grow your confidence, look outwards, smile, try to make someone else's day with a small gesture and who knows what the future may bring.
You are lucky, you have your freedom, you can get out and about, make the most ot it, dreams can come true. smile.png

Thank you LD kind words

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 5 days ago #3234494

• Keeper
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2036
  • Honor Medal 2010
For all you wonderful carers and for anyone who is lonely. To brighten your day smile.png
smile.png

[/

[/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 4 days ago #3234659

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 435
  • Honor Medal 2010
Lorna, thank you for sharing about the old lady in the care home and Meg, the Staffy. I absolutely adore Staffies, Most of the ones I have met have been so lovable and friendly. My friend used to live in Salisbury and I stayed with her for a few days just before Christmas. She would go to the pub across the road for lunch and told me the owners had two Staffies - a mother and son. She added that both dogs were very friendly and liked to 'share' your lunch. True to form, we both had jacket potatoes with cheese and, whilst I was eating, I could feel a head nudging my knee. It was Mama dog and she wasn't going to let me get away without giving her some cheese.

It is a shame the old lady didn't care for Meg. She sounds like she was so lovely.

Susie once stared adoringly me as I enjoyed a strawberry jam donut. With every mouthful I licked my lips slowly and deliberately and she did the same. I teased her a bit by making her wait. Then I gave her the last bit with all the jam.

It was a nice day here yesterday, so Dad and I went out for a few hours. Next big trip will be our break in Southport. Whilst the weather remains nice, we will have a few hours in the garden. It is nice to have a coffee/tea and a cake. Whilst out yesterday, I picked up muffins from Costa - lemon one for Dad and rainbow raspberry one for me. They both went down very well whilst we sat and watched The Chase.

Hope everyone is well and having a good day xx

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 4 days ago #3234664

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Lorna, I forgot to add that I love the idea of PAT dogs. Any animals that are taken into care homes, hospitals etc to bring people love and happiness.

There is an organisation called Our Amazing Animal World I follow on FaceBook. They have a menagerie of all types on animals and birds which they take into care homes, schools and to individuals. Their reptiles are very popular with the school children. Amongst the varied small mammals they have are four beautiful meerkats - Mika, Bonnie, Freddie and Alexander. I would love to meet a meerkat - Mika is the most outgoing and I love seeing pictures of her in her little pink harness, posing on someone's shoulder or head. When I see pictures of Mika and Bonnie 'grooming' their handler, I get a wee bit wanting it to me. The company are based in the south of England and no chance of visiting here. I like to interact with them on line, though. I get thank yous for my comments.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 6 days 1 hour ago #3238009

• weatherpoet
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 173
That's what I used to do when we had our black lab. I used to take him to a stroke club at the local hospital. The patients loved seeing him.

I'm guessing it must be siesta time wink.png it's gone so quiet. Normally I get very little of that.
The following user(s) said Well Said: LovelyMeerkat, Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 5 days 15 hours ago #3238183

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1007
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello Everyone,
Hope you and your families are doing well, please forgive me for not being on Buzz lately,I haven’t been up to talking to anyone,sadly our gorgeous cat died on 15th May 2019, aged 14 1/2 years old,
Miss him so much,
Absolutely devastated
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 5 days 13 hours ago #3238264

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Jujo, so sorry to hear about your cat. Sending a big hug to you xxx

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 5 days 13 hours ago #3238266

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1007
  • Honor Medal 2010

LovelyMeerkat wrote: Jujo, so sorry to hear about your cat. Sending a big hug to you xxx

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 5 days 10 hours ago #3238361

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 11413
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: Hello Everyone,
Hope you and your families are doing well, please forgive me for not being on Buzz lately,I haven’t been up to talking to anyone,sadly our gorgeous cat died on 15th May 2019, aged 14 1/2 years old,
Miss him so much,
Absolutely devastated

So sorry to hear this JUJO...... it's always so sad to lose our precious pets.:(

Happy to help.
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds