Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 4 days ago #3215970

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 9484
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good afternoon everyone .
It has been chilly today ,,,I did managed to get some washing dry out on the line ,earlier this morning ,I hate having to hang washing up indoors.to dry ...
You have been busy LovelyMeerkat, well done you.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sweetness56, Lorna Doone

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 3 days ago #3216458

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 415
  • Honor Medal 2010
It was very windy here yesterday. My blue recycling bin, which was outside for collection, blew over in the wind. Lots of cans and bottles fell out and went all over the place. I was not too happy trying to run after them. The wind was too much and I gave up in the end. I put the bin into the gap between the bungalows and it stayed upright. It would have helped if the refuse collectors had come early, like they do with the regular refuse collection, and missed the wind. I can see the funny side now. Not too clever when it happened.

On a sombre note, very sad news about Notre Dame. I have had the privilege of visiting this iconic cathedral a few times. I have no more words to say.

Wishing everyone a good day xx
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217006

• photogeek
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5819
  • Honor Medal 2010
Another lovely sunny day. What has everyone got in store for today? Just a quick visit to the blood clinic for me, then into town to do a bit of shopping. Had BBQ ribs for tea last night watching footy. Sauce everywhere :laugh: , but they were really nice. Fancy a nice piece of cod fillet for tonight [watching footy again!!] smile.png
Must dash smile.png smile.png

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217007

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1804
To everyone here in the cafe,hope you and your families all have a very happy Easter,enjoy yourselves,don’t overdo it on chocolate,

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217013

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have to have a Lindt chocolate bunny
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO, Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217014

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Even four chocolate bunnies :lol:

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217016

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1804
Hide the chocolate from photogeek,haha
The following user(s) said Well Said: LovelyMeerkat, Lorna Doone

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217018

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
A Lindt cuddly bunny
Attachments:

Last edit: by LovelyMeerkat.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 2 days ago #3217020

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: Hide the chocolate from photogeek,haha

LOL, I am on a roll here. Boiled egg and soldiers from Hotel Chocolat

Attachments:

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 months 1 day ago #3217678

• Lorna Doone
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 127
Good morning everyone, looks like it's going to be a glorious day and I'm off to the races, hope I have better luck than yesterday, but hey, it's a great afternoon out in the fresh air in beautiful countryside.

Oh crikey LMK , I can feel my resolve melting at the sight of all the choccie treats, hopefully as Jujo says, PG will scoff the lot before I'm tempted!

I do have a lovely recipe for an Easter cake which was a great hit wth the gkids last year and I have been bombarded with requests for a repeat so That's a job for later.

Hope you all enjoy the sunshine.

Ps. Well done Rosie for keeping schtum!!! You have earned the Drop Ins badge of honour for your bravery. smile.png YOu can unzip your lips now and gobble up one of LMK's treats before PG gets here. :P

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds