Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 month 2 days ago #3136919

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 6633
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hope everyone is healthy,happy,and we all get together again in the cafe in 2019.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Do I believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely,
I fall in love with every cat I see.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 month 1 day ago #3137661

• LovelyMeerkat
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010

JUJO wrote: Hope everyone is healthy,happy,and we all get together again in the cafe in 2019.

I just want to second what Jujo has said. Take care everyone xxx
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 3 weeks 6 days ago #3140736

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day yesterday.

Absolutely,

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 weeks 6 days ago #3144741

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
To everyone in the cafe,
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas,May 2019 bring you all lots of love, good luck, good health, and happiness always,
Best wishes

Absolutely,

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 6 days ago #3147948

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7703
  • Honor Medal 2010
At the moment I am looking after a sick neighbour along with another street resident. Our sick friend is unable to stand due to a back condition. She is in terrible pain and has no relatives able to help.
We are taking it in turns to take in food, wash her, make drinks and sit with her. She is waiting for test results.
It's such hard work and neither of us is fit; we are struggling.
We've tried ringing the old people agencies but keep getting told they need a referral from her doctor. ? The receptionist says her doctor is waiting for test results, meanwhile two unfit women, not related to her are coping best we can.

Tolerance is the seed : acceptance is the tree.
Last Edit: by Aida.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 5 days ago #3148406

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Aida,
It is lovely to know that your sick neighbour has wonderful neighbours like you and your other neighbour.Hope your neighbour gets well very soon.

Absolutely,

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 1 week 5 days ago #3148742

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7703
  • Honor Medal 2010
Me too. The helping neighbour has a painful arthritic condition and it's making her stressed.
I had to laugh, though, I asked our sick friend if she might like a bite to eat - her appetite is reduced - and she replied, "A drop of soup would be nice, not out of a tin !" Good job I make my own soup.

Tolerance is the seed : acceptance is the tree.
Last Edit: by Aida.
Moderators: pascalouMike
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.