Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633231

• Lorna Doone
  • Lorna Doone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at Aida. Careful everyone we want to widen the circle not just your girth :P

It's funny how our world can shrink isn't it, what subject did you used to teach , Aida?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633426

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2946
  • Honor Medal 2010
Eveyone is welcome,whether you are a carer or not, you don't have to be lonely,come and chat to us,

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633493

• largolass
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 91
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello from me as well, there are days when the only person I speak to is my husband but this morning I had a nice chat with the guy delivering my online grocery shopping and this afternoon a courier delivered a parcel. Living in a rural village has its drawbacks in winter but hey ho nice to light the candles and the lamps....

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633523

• TaraToci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
well I hope by subscribing I know can post...thank you for starting this

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633525

• TaraToci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Aida, I have enjoyed our exchange of messages. My PTSD has made it easier for me to stay inside. I love company but not too many people come by. At some point I am going to have to take over errand running because my husband's COPD is worse.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633526

• TaraToci
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI I have been in this rural village 8 more years than I wanted. My husband won't move and I can't leave him. We talk but it seems less and less. The internet and cats are my company!

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633536

• Janie 55
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes please i'd love a cup of coffee, one of those yummy looking cup cakes and yes please, just someone to say hello to me.
It gets kinda lonely when you're always alone doesn't it, but great to find this thread, feeling :xxx: now.
Hope you're all ok.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633549

• Miss Hepburn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
oops Hope I'm not too late, hi everyone, here are your tea and cake, and coffee and cookies, trust it's okay, it's very cold out there, hope you are all keeping warm.

Attachments:

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633551

• JUJO
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2946
  • Honor Medal 2010

Miss Hepburn wrote: oops Hope I'm not too late, hi everyone, here are your tea and cake, and coffee and cookies, trust it's okay, it's very cold out there, hope you are all keeping warm.

oh beautiful.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2633742

• Lorna Doone
  • Lorna Doone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,

It's great to see we have some visitors, it's always a risk to start something like this if nobody turns up :(

Hello Janie 55,

And welcome aboard :) :) :) Please join in as much as you like, talk about anything and everything!

Isn't it funny, there's you living by the sea and wanting to tree hug in the countryside and I live in the countryside and my husband wants to sell up and live by the sea,it's a dream of his but I'm not so keen. I love Dorset, though I was disappointed with how much Bournemouth had changed when we visited last year but there are still some lovely places down there. Whereabouts are you?

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds