Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2632631

• Lorna Doone
  • Lorna Doone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looking around in the real world for any help that might be out there in the way of support for people who have become somewhat isolated by their circumstances, either as a carer, or through their own illness or mobility problems, I found that many charities involved provide drop in cafes, where they can call in any time for a chat, a cup of tea, a sympathetic ear with others in the same boat.

Well, here is the Buzz drop-in cafe!!! :)

Oops! So eager to open :laugh: it appeared on the forum before I'd even finished.

Unfortunately, the limitations are that only with imagination can we share a cuppa, :( but we can share everything else. You don't have to be Einstein, or big political debaters, just talk about whatever and you will get a response.

C'mon, let's give loneliness a kick in the backside :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

Drop in cafe.............................forrers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2632632

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2946
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just want to say hello.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Drop in cafe.............................forrers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2632634

• Lorna Doone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Welcome Jujo, now roll up your sleeves, get the kettle on and help me greet our visitors :)
( if we get any :laugh: )

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

Re:Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer lo... 2 years 11 months ago #2632648

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7845
  • Honor Medal 2010
Can I visit the drop in cafe.

I've made some snacks.

Sent from my iPad using Buzz50
The following user(s) said Well Said: Lorna Doone, unique, maylily7651, Rose57

Re:Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer lo... 2 years 11 months ago #2632649

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rosie 2 UK wrote: Can I visit the drop in cafe.

I've made some snacks.

Rosie,
They look beautiful, kettle is on.
The following user(s) said Well Said: unique

Drop in cafe.............................forrers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2632656

• jennilin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi I'm a carer for my husband who was diagnosed with M.S. over 20 years ago ... It's a struggle sometimes, would be lying if I said otherwise... so I will be happy to pop in now and again for a chat and a moan. Thank you xxxxx :) :cheer:

Re:Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer lo... 2 years 11 months ago #2632667

• Mykle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

JUJO wrote:

Rosie 2 UK wrote: Can I visit the drop in cafe.

I've made some snacks.

Rosie , yes please ohhhhhhhh yes with a nice cup of teaa no milk., half an hour be ok

Rosie,
They look beautiful, kettle is on.

Re:Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer lo... 2 years 11 months ago #2632671

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Come on everyone. Who's for tea and coffee?
The following user(s) said Well Said: unique

Re:Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer lo... 2 years 11 months ago #2632690

• Lorna Doone
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey Rosie, thanks for going to so much trouble :) we're bound to get a hordes now, with the tea and coffee brewing and music playing (thanks Ju and Mykle) we're open for business!

Welcome Jennilin, we're happy to chat and listen to your moans, a good moan can do wonders sometimes! :laugh:

Drop in cafe.............................for Carers and others who suffer loneliness 2 years 11 months ago #2632708

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7845
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm not a carer. But I do enjoy a good chin wag. If that's ok. Lorna.

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds