Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: loneliness in caring

loneliness in caring 2 months 5 days ago #3321313

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 238
Thought I would pop in to say hello, Woodsaw.

Has the plasterer been in yet, are you in the middle of decorating now?
Omg, sounds like I'm giving you the third degree. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Don't close your eyes, the interrogation lamp isn't that bright B)

Oops! Submitted the post before I'd finished.
Could have gone to Bath races today but the skies were too grey, full of the wet stuff, so I saved my pennies today!
Have you had any more thoughts about taking a break somewhere to recharge your batteries, I think it can be quite daunting, the first holiday alone but if you choose carefully, it can help to make new friends and open the doors to the places on your bucket list.

I hope you are beginning to find your feet a bit, though at this stage it might feel like one step forward and two back but things will get better.
The following user(s) said Well Said: woodsaw

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

loneliness in caring 2 months 5 days ago #3321342

• woodsaw
  • woodsaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 81
  • Honor Medal 2010
Thanks, Lorna.

yes, the plasterer came today so a few days to dry before the painting is done,

Things are not going bad at all considering I am finding I have friends so really supporting people last Friday I went to a pub with a group of them there was a very good band on as well and then Saturday 3 of Jills nurses took me out rather a young lot but was a good evening meal first then to one of these new Gin bars was very good. so think I am being very lucky for someone in my position.

The holiday I have not made any decisions on that yet before anything I have to get Syd sorted so he could go to a cattery so a visit to the vets soon first find out what is needed from the cattery.

hope we can chat again soon bye bye for now X:S :S

loneliness in caring 2 months 3 days ago #3322002

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3065
  • Honor Medal 2010

woodsaw wrote: Thanks, Lorna.

yes, the plasterer came today so a few days to dry before the painting is done,

Things are not going bad at all considering I am finding I have friends so really supporting people last Friday I went to a pub with a group of them there was a very good band on as well and then Saturday 3 of Jills nurses took me out rather a young lot but was a good evening meal first then to one of these new Gin bars was very good. so think I am being very lucky for someone in my position.

The holiday I have not made any decisions on that yet before anything I have to get Syd sorted so he could go to a cattery so a visit to the vets soon first find out what is needed from the cattery.

hope we can chat again soon bye bye for now X:S :S

Lovely to hear you are doing well Woodsaw, Great minds think alike with decorating,we have just finished one bedroom,just started another.
Really hope you are doing well

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

loneliness in caring 2 months 3 days ago #3322259

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Hi Woodsaw,

I was really pleased to read your post, I'm delighted that you are getting out and about.

How kind of Jill's carers to invite you out, we often hear negative things about the small minority who fail the standard but the genuine care such as you have experienced, we don't always hear about. For you, after so many years of daily contact and with no other support, the carers were more like family to you and it warms my heart to know that they are supporting you now. They may be "a young lot". :laugh: but they are a real example to others! smile.png
Be careful though, they'll be taking you to night clubs soon and have to see you 'dad dancing' :P :laugh: (only joking).

Yes, as regards Syd, it might mean some vaccinations before he can go into a cattery, I'm sure he would be OK, maybe just a short break in the first instance to get him used to it, try to find out the best one around from personal recommendation.
Any ideas on what sort of trip you might like?

I had a thought looking at another thread about Buzz meets, you could put some feelers out and see if there are any Buzzers in your area who might like to meet up for lunch. I notice that Mila says anyone down near Lymington anytime would be welcome for a Meet so if ever your travels take you back to the New Forest that might be a possibility with others in that area.

Glad you got the plastering done, once it's gone off you'll be busy with the paint brush and rollers, what colour are you going for? You know don't you that one room leads to another wink.png you'll be busy for months. :ohmy:
Oh no you can't let it get in the way of your social life :laugh: Good luck tou Woodsaw,
You deserve some fun.

Take care

Love to Syd

Last edit: by Lorna Doone.

loneliness in caring 5 days 19 hours ago #3355447

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Hello Woodsaw,

It is a while since we have spoken and just wondering how things are with you now?

loneliness in caring 3 days 5 hours ago #3357015

• woodsaw
  • woodsaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 81
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi Lorna.

Things going OK and moving on now sorted all the legal things I hope, How are things with you hope they are going well and not to much hassle with Christmas coming,

Bye for now. X

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: non username removed

loneliness in caring 2 days 4 hours ago #3357626

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Hi Woodsaw,

Things are pretty busy at the moment as usual and I have just spent a few days visiting elderly relatives who are very much declining both physically and mentally causing lots of worry!!!
Glad to hear you are getting on well and have managed to get things sorted.
What plans do you have for Christmas this year? Have you organised anything or will you be spending it on your own?

Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds