Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Started just before Christmas 2014 as part of Buzz50's Banish Loneliness Campaign for Seniors over 50. Still going strong in 2017!
This category is for talk about loneliness and how to tackle it. Can you can help in our campaign?

TOPIC: loneliness in caring

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2643800

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 221
oh blast!!!! All my words have been taken from me :(

I was just saying that I was having a cuppa and a breather, watching some racing except that it was invisible :ohmy: so foggy that even the commentators didn't know who'd won the race. Glad I wasn't there, I'm surprised it wasn't abandoned. I'm going to Hereford races on Monday providing the weather's OK, blow the preparations , I can start to panic about Wednesday or Thursday ;)

So how are you Woodsaw? Stuck for words?

Do you like opera? I don't want to play it if you hate it like my husband, he always goes green when I am listening to my favourites.....lol......so uncultured :laugh:

This is a guy who knows how to get a party started, I think he's great, do you know any of his stuff?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2644321

• woodsaw
  • woodsaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 85
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good day to you Lorna.

I am so so and hoping you are well think I am like the weather dull at the moment this bud up can't avoid the big C and there are things that must be done regardless and we will not have carers over the main days so will just go with what is needed.

Never really followed Opera not into the Italian style but have enjoyed some of the lighter stuff like G&S at the Marlow in Canterbury a very nice theatre an use to go a lot when things were better.

Now answer your question I am stuck for words :blush: :blush:

think time to start a list ! :( and then see what I forget off it :S

bye for now X

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2645259

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Hi Woodsaw,

Did the doctor come yesterday? How's Jill doing, have the antibiotics worked?
Will you be able to manage without the Carers over the coming week?It's a pity we can't order illness to make a truce for a few days even.

Don't get worked up about it all, for many people it is just another day and it will soon be all over. The lady at checkout in Sainsburys told me that she wants to be on her own, she's working on Saturday and again on Monday, she told her family she didn't want to entertain or be entertained, she's going to sit at home with a bowl of nuts some wine and the remote :laugh: :laugh:

We did go to Hereford yesterday after the fog cleared and had quite a nice afternoon, only a couple of places for me but my husband did well, he could have stopped off on the way home and treated me to dinner especially since it was our wedding anniversary but he didn't :( Anyway, I had a nice pile of ironing waiting for my return ;)

You haven't mentioned young Syd recently, how's he doing. Does he go out prowling at night or does he stay by the hearth? Does he go after birds or bring mice in? I was feeding next door's cats while they were away once and I frightened myself half to death when a mouse one of them had brought in ran up the curtain :ohmy: I had to go and get my hero to help me..................the six year old next door, a fearless mouse catcher! :laugh: :laugh:

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647003

• Lorna Doone
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
Hello Woodsaw,

How are you friend? Keeping your chin up I hope. Just think, in 3 days it'll all be over :)
Not going to play you any music, I don't think you like my taste, :laugh: I 'll just hum to myself.

Back later.

Last edit: by .

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647373

• Anna56
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone out there interested in creating a caring and loving platonic family?? And not just for the holidays ?

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647591

• woodsaw
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hello Dear lady and now I will wish you the very best and hope it goes well for you :)

Its here now so can't stress any more what is not done won't be!

Your Music is fine and easy to listen to I have no limits on what I like with music just lots I have not heard yet some is good to just close the eyes and let it drift through creating its own atmosphere and others loud and feeling with body as well as hearing and some that just makes a smile or stirs a memory music has meany a key to other things like I hear something from the past if asked could not tell you one word of it but hear one note and remember every lyric end to end and minuets later could not even tell what i heard and yes I am lost if there is no music or radio on all the time, Odd i think :(

I have opened A bottle of Shiraz and enjoying it think it will not be all today either must get the cheese and biscuits out to go with it or might with the second bottle :silly: whats your tipple this time of year ? there is always a selection of Malt Whisky as well and that is my real liking so have to be good and say time off now and then.

Now Syd seems to know something is going on there is an air about him! he is so funny some days in fact all days he fixed the carer today while she was making the bed he has be on it so she put her hand under the sheet moving it and he pounced like an artic Fox and set his claws I had to get the plasters quick with a smile on my face O dear U naughty Cat HA HA. Would have loved to see you with the mouse sounds a funny Tom and Jerry scene Did you stand on a chair :blush:

well now thats me done I really do hope yours and you have a really grate one XX

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647594

• woodsaw
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes Ann would be a very good thing for a lot of people :)

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647636

• jnic
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 72
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hi woodsaw and Ann,
Enjoy the Shiraz Woodsaw, for me I enjoy Shiraz but prefer a Merlot.
Shall we catch up on Christmas Day glasses in hand
The following user(s) said Well Said: woodsaw

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647644

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 7010
  • Honor Medal 2010
Here you go :)
Merry Xmas to all! :xsanta: :xtree: (;;)

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last edit: by pascalou.

loneliness in caring 2 years 10 months ago #2647645

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 7010
  • Honor Medal 2010

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Moderators: pascaloumike
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds