Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Your garden

Your garden 10 months 4 weeks ago #3472635

• Kev1n
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 51
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have always loved my gardens, even more so after I was stuck in an upper floor flat for several years. I have Cherry blossom trees, an apple and pair tree, lots of climbing roses, fucias and some lawn. I love grass, could not ever see me not having a lawn.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Your garden 10 months 3 weeks ago #3474336

• Topsy
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 825
  • Honor Medal 2010
Tell you what I have noticed over the last few weeks ,how well the roses are doing,
Just marvellous ,I reckon all this hot weather we have been having must suit them just fine .
Just beautiful , love it .
smile
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Never let anyone ever dull your sparkle

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484424

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Oh boy. I love my garden. This is my first full season in my new house.
The garden is a real challenge because of the weather. Generally it's awful. So it's a learning process as ti what will survive the weather and what will die.
At my last house people used to stop their cars and get out just to photo my garden.
I'm not particularly competent or know what I'm doing but I do take great care and pride.
It's like baking. I don't have a clue but I still bake nice cakes because I follow the basics
I just love to garden. This lock down has saved me a small fortune because I spend spend spend on my garden.
At present it looks just woweee. I'm a year I've entirely changed it from being low maintenance to being totally dependent on human intervention to survive. Im retired so have the time.
Those in work just don't have the time
I take chances as well.
Above I'm philosophical. If things don't work and die it's just so. However there are some rules you have to follow. Things such as amounts of sun are imperative etc
I like to create an organised mess where everything sueges together. My rear garden has an entirely different climate to my front. The rear is surrounded by high trees. The front is open to the elements.
At present I've got my patio windows open and the only sounds are my cracking joints and birds. Nowt esle.
I'm looking at my asietic lillys that are about to bloom. I've had them for five years. And I'll get a week maybe of sheer bright red beauty
I stand sometimes for 15 minutes just looking at the wonders of nature.
Gardening give so much pride.
It's a pity more people don't do it. Because so many nowadays can't get in touch with their inner self
Gardening helps you contact that inner person in a way that nothing else can
Do I love to garden?

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484445

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I try and get a continuety of colour. A progression from spring to summer. I have a major problem. I can't remember things too well as I've got a memory impairment. It makes life difficult. To say the least

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484449

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484450

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Does that work? Unfortunately, even if it does work I can't remember how I did it. I've tried to remember but it's not there

Last edit: by mark2662.

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484451

• Eira
  • Well said received: 4658
  • Honor Medal 2010
One of the things I have loved during this Lockdown is seeing how much my kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews and their children are all “connecting” with their gardens more than usual - growing veg and plants from seed, making “bug boxes” and generally “pottering” in their gardens.
They all share their photos with Family and Friends on Facebook and their excitement of seeing the first flowers or fruits of their labours is lovely to see.
I am one of the “excited novices” when it comes to growing veg. I am loving it now I can pop outside to gather a few home grown salad leaves, radishes and strawberries - my tomatoes aren’t ready yet but they are flowering now and I felt very excited today when I saw my first home grown courgette flower open up today.

I can’t say I'm wildly fond of radishes but I was given the seeds, so I sowed them - and I have discovered that young radish leaves make a tasty, peppery pesto - a nice change from basil - and it uses up all those nutritious radish leaves,
The following user(s) said Well Said: mark2662

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484453

• Eira
  • Well said received: 4658
  • Honor Medal 2010

mark2662 wrote: Does that work? Unfortunately, even if it does work I can't remember how I did it. I've tried to remember but it's not there

I was able to view the photo you posted in that link - your garden looks very neat and pretty.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, mark2662, Bruce

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484455

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Super story
My radishes could not cope witj with the climate
Don't you find that home grown radish taste so much better.
So much hotter?

Your garden 10 months 1 week ago #3484456

• mark2662
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks. Now I need to work out how to do it again

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds