Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Son Hunter

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3855100

  • grahamg
  • grahamg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Posts: 245
  • Well said received: 118
  • Points: 108603
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote:
I’m not sure how a movie review has found its way into the forum section which is supposed to be for serious US political discussion when we have a separate section for reviewing and chatting about TV/Radio programmes /Films/ Movies in the Leisure Section.

www.buzz50.com/forum/83-films-tv


Is it 23 days since this thread started, (not checked obviously, but I assume this is being referred to)?

Oh, yes, hence we should have noticed earlier, (fair point I suppose, my excuse being I only joined in half way through and it had been well kicked around by then).
Last edit: by grahamg.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3855106

  • Vegemite Kid
  • Vegemite Kid's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 584
  • Well said received: 570
  • Points: 244267
  • Honor Medal 2010
People may not have noticed which section the thread was in ( I wouldn't, because I just look at ' new posts') but they certainly noticed and said very early on, that this wasn't genuine political information but just gutter press fiction.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3855180

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 614
  • Well said received: 278
  • Points: 481401
  • Honor Medal 2010
Hopefully the move made everyone comfy. Don't want to be talking about Hunter BIDEN in a serious manner. Because hunter can not be taken seriously.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77
Robin
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3856127

  • Eira
  • Eira's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I must confess, I’d never heard of this movie until I stumbled across this thread a day or two ago - The Reviews of the movie, as quoted in the Opening Post, mentioned a Guardian Review, so I looked it up. I found the Review that was quoted plus another one.

www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/31/...urence-fox-joe-biden

www.theguardian.com/film/2022/sep/06/my-...ightwing-biden-movie

I enjoyed reading those two reviews - they also explained why I’d never heard of this movie - I see it isn't a commercial movie released into cinema in the normal way - it seems to be some kind of digital release that you have to register with Breitbart to obtain.
That fact, plus the fact that Laurence Fox is acting in it, made me to decide not to bother watching it.
I used to like watching Fox act as the Police Detective Sergeant working for Detective Inspector Lewis in that long-running UK TV series when he was younger but in more recent years, I’ve rarely seen him acting in any fictional TV or movies - he seems to have gone a bit rabidly political, appearing on talk shows, such as BBC Question Time.
Last edit: by Eira.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3856979

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 505
  • Well said received: 464
  • Points: 698272
  • Honor Medal 2010
For those pent up over the fact that Hunter Biden has yet to be charged with any crime there is news that Federal Agents see sufficient evidence to bring charges on tax avoidance and a gun charge, the gun charge involves lying on a gun purchase form where he declared he wasn't a user of any addictive substance, it is said to be a relatively minor matter that normally would not be pursued vigorously. The tax charges will need now to be looked at by the DOJ's Taxation Division but, while serious, do not rise to any unusual levels, which is a sad thing to say but that's corporate America. Hunter Biden has stated he will vigorously defend any charges and on the taxation matters affirms he received advice from his accountants on how to proceed. Seems to me a former President claimed the same thing.

It is up to the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David C. Weiss, who was nominated by Trump in late 2017, to determine if charges are possible and to proceed in that direction. The information about the charges was apparently leaked by Agents on the investigation and they are now being actively pursued and could face both disciplinary action and criminal charges themselves.

I guess a sequel to the film might be required.
Last edit: by KayyGee.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3856994

  • GerryM
  • GerryM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 354
  • Well said received: 195
  • Points: 27571
  • Honor Medal 2010
Please don't let down the ones that think that Hunter has been involved in many, many foreign ways our country was in danger, and he is making hundreds of millions of dollars in these schemes. Will monitor what happens, for real that is.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3857093

  • Robin
  • Robin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 614
  • Well said received: 278
  • Points: 481401
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: For those pent up over the fact that Hunter Biden has yet to be charged with any crime there is news that Federal Agents see sufficient evidence to bring charges on tax avoidance and a gun charge, the gun charge involves lying on a gun purchase form where he declared he wasn't a user of any addictive substance, it is said to be a relatively minor matter that normally would not be pursued vigorously. The tax charges will need now to be looked at by the DOJ's Taxation Division but, while serious, do not rise to any unusual levels, which is a sad thing to say but that's corporate America. Hunter Biden has stated he will vigorously defend any charges and on the taxation matters affirms he received advice from his accountants on how to proceed. Seems to me a former President claimed the same thing.

It is up to the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David C. Weiss, who was nominated by Trump in late 2017, to determine if charges are possible and to proceed in that direction. The information about the charges was apparently leaked by Agents on the investigation and they are now being actively pursued and could face both disciplinary action and criminal charges themselves.

I guess a sequel to the film might be required.


And we can see why there is a gun problem. With this kind of mentality. We can only do one thing at at time mentality.

With over 6 years of checking actively checking tax information ......if brains were dynamite, this bureaucracy won't even have enough to blow their own nose.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77
Robin
Last edit: by Robin.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3857133

  • KayyGee
  • KayyGee's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 505
  • Well said received: 464
  • Points: 698272
  • Honor Medal 2010

Robin wrote:

KayyGee wrote: For those pent up over the fact that Hunter Biden has yet to be charged with any crime there is news that Federal Agents see sufficient evidence to bring charges on tax avoidance and a gun charge, the gun charge involves lying on a gun purchase form where he declared he wasn't a user of any addictive substance, it is said to be a relatively minor matter that normally would not be pursued vigorously. The tax charges will need now to be looked at by the DOJ's Taxation Division but, while serious, do not rise to any unusual levels, which is a sad thing to say but that's corporate America. Hunter Biden has stated he will vigorously defend any charges and on the taxation matters affirms he received advice from his accountants on how to proceed. Seems to me a former President claimed the same thing.

It is up to the U.S. Attorney in Delaware, David C. Weiss, who was nominated by Trump in late 2017, to determine if charges are possible and to proceed in that direction. The information about the charges was apparently leaked by Agents on the investigation and they are now being actively pursued and could face both disciplinary action and criminal charges themselves.

I guess a sequel to the film might be required.


And we can see why there is a gun problem. With this kind of mentality. We can only do one thing at at time mentality.

With over 6 years of checking actively checking tax information ......if brains were dynamite, this bureaucracy won't even have enough to blow their own nose.


This administration, as you say, has only had control for less than 2 years, so there's that to consider and the investigation started in 2018, also outside the gamut of this administration and of course with this administration they don't make up crimes just to get at an opponent.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 3 weeks ago #3857273

  • GerryM
  • GerryM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Posts: 354
  • Well said received: 195
  • Points: 27571
  • Honor Medal 2010
I hate that people, especially young kids get guns, however, anytime there is a call to beef up the background checks the Republicans (NRA, gun manufactures) cry like they are being beat. Every time congress tries to add background checks and computerizing the system, they vote NO. Even some Democrats vote NO. If people are serious about gun background checks, they could work if the system was set up to do them.


"The State of Texas does not maintain a registry of firearms. The federal government also does not maintain a general registry of handgun or rifle ownership. However, the National Firearms Act does require that certain types of firearms or other weapons be registered (such as short barreled shot guns, machine guns, silencers, etc.)."

“Six states and the District of Columbia require registration of some or all firearms. Hawaii and the District of Columbia require the registration of all firearms, California maintains a database of gun transfer records, and New York requires the registration of all handguns through its licensing law.

So don't complain when a background on Hunter was not really a background check. The claim in most states is a sham.
The topic has been locked.

My Son Hunter 1 month 1 week ago #3861802

  • Serena77
  • Serena77's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Posts: 1307
  • Well said received: 6174
  • Points: 407364
  • Honor Medal 2010

GerryM wrote: I hate that people, especially young kids get guns, however, anytime there is a call to beef up the background checks the Republicans (NRA, gun manufactures) cry like they are being beat. Every time congress tries to add background checks and computerizing the system, they vote NO. Even some Democrats vote NO. If people are serious about gun background checks, they could work if the system was set up to do them.


"The State of Texas does not maintain a registry of firearms. The federal government also does not maintain a general registry of handgun or rifle ownership. However, the National Firearms Act does require that certain types of firearms or other weapons be registered (such as short barreled shot guns, machine guns, silencers, etc.)."

“Six states and the District of Columbia require registration of some or all firearms. Hawaii and the District of Columbia require the registration of all firearms, California maintains a database of gun transfer records, and New York requires the registration of all handguns through its licensing law.

So don't complain when a background on Hunter was not really a background check. The claim in most states is a sham.


The sham here is that the FBi and DOJ would not investigate charges against Hunter Biden before the 2020 election. Now it looks like the same thing before midterm elections. There is a sleuth of information from whistleblowers awaiting investigation once the Republicans gain power. It won't be just tax evasion and a slap on the wrist either.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Robin
"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.

Buzz50 uses cookies, by using the site, you agree to these cookies

Click the button below to hide this message: Learn more

I understand