• Damaged Goods
  • Damaged Goods's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 81
  • Honor Medal 2010
Suburbicon
2017 dark comedy, drama

This is more dark than comedy. Depressing, I rated it C minus. Maybe it's your speed. Almost everyone in this flick is evil, including the so-called hero described below, Gardner Lodge. It's just that some are more evil than others.

In the bosom of Suburbicon--a family-centered, all-white utopia of manicured lawns and friendly locals--a simmering tension is brewing, as the first African-American family moves in the idyllic community, in the hot summer of 1959. However--as the young patriarch, Gardner Lodge, and his family start catching a few disturbing glimpses of the once-welcoming neighbourhood's dark underbelly--seemingly random acts of unprecedented violence paired with a gruesome death will blemish, irreparably, Suburbicon's picture-perfect facade. Who would have thought that darkness resides even in Paradise?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Suburbicon 2 months 4 days ago #3600395

• coldfeet
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 84
  • Honor Medal 2010

More Honey, Less Vinegar!
Last edit: by coldfeet.

Suburbicon 2 months 4 days ago #3600397

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3466
  • Honor Medal 2010
This type of movie does not appeal to me at all; I watched the previews. I prefer a bright and cheerful comedy, not dark or black comedies.

Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds