• Page:

TOPIC: Richard Gere new series

Richard Gere new series 2 months 1 week ago #3194300

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8092
  • Honor Medal 2010
Haven't seen anything about this series until your thread prompted me to look it up - Richard Gere is the handsome guy who played the love interest in Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts, isn't he?
I see Sarah Lancashire is in this new series too - I think she is a great actor and have watched most of the series she has acted in, so I may give this series a try - I'll look for it on Catch up TV.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Richard Gere new series 1 month 3 weeks ago #3205109

• Polliyana
  • Polliyana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4054
  • Honor Medal 2010
Looks like I spoke too soon on the first episode. It's a really good serial dram. Very deep and 'touching' in parts. I must say I think it's very thought provoking and it's brought a lump to my throat on more than one occasion.

Richard Gere new series 1 month 3 weeks ago #3205124

• hcf3sf
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 182
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'll have to see if I can find it on any of my subscriptions here in the US.

Blessings,
Harry

Richard Gere new series 1 month 1 week ago #3214690

• Polliyana
  • Polliyana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4054
  • Honor Medal 2010
Yes well worth watching imo

Richard Gere new series 1 month 19 hours ago #3221977

• mark2662
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 309
  • Honor Medal 2010
I watched the final ep last night. The whole series was excellent. First ep was a bit shaken with some cheesy dialogue but overall this series was the bbc at their best
I suspect it was entirely written around gere. As an actor he is extremely underrated. He was the focal point but the series had a strong enough story and support cast to ensure it didn’t fall apart when he wasn’t on screen
When gere was on screen, he was captivating. I like his styl of acting( and his tailor) with his relaxed manner
The door is open for a second season. Nothing is ever certain with the bbc. Will gere want to do another series. Given the fact he gets very few scripts these days and what he does do is of dubious quality so there’s a goood chance he’ll go for another.
The series gets some extremely negative reviews on IMDb and the snobby uk press. I’d expect that from the likes of the guardian and independent. They won’t like the political extrapolations and will condemn the series simply because it’s gere.
I agree with much of the series observations about the future of Britain. Sadly, the events in the series could easily represent a taste of things to come in this country. Empirically is more than likely to happen.

I can thoroughly recommend the series, although those with politics tinged with pink may find it to be uncomfortably close to to the bone.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Polliyana

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds