Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

We like to welcome new members to our forums and a great way to start is for you to say 'Hi' and maybe even tell us a little about yourself!
Simply click the button above and type something :) Put your username in the 'Subject' if you like.
Click here to see a video of how to do it
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Newbie Hello

A Newbie Hello 2 weeks 6 days ago #4017713

• Storyteller
  • Storyteller's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
I've been to different towns in western Canada too--several trips to Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria and Abbotsford. There's a hotel near there by a glacial lake--I can't remember the name of it, but I enjoyed it. We are getting the atmospheric rivers but I'm not noticing it much. Rain is rain is rain. For me, that's better than snow!

What's the furthest or most exotic place anyone has traveled? Time to start the campfire traveling stories. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Newbie Hello 2 weeks 5 days ago #4018596

• Summerdancing
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 258
  • Honor Medal 2010

Storyteller wrote: I've been to different towns in western Canada too--several trips to Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria and Abbotsford. There's a hotel near there by a glacial lake--I can't remember the name of it, but I enjoyed it. We are getting the atmospheric rivers but I'm not noticing it much. Rain is rain is rain. For me, that's better than snow!

What's the furthest or most exotic place anyone has traveled? Time to start the campfire traveling stories. :)

Wouldn't say it was exotic but it was one of the most interesting: Mongolia. I went to something called the Nadam Festival and it was amazing-archery, horse racing, wrestling. The horse races were fantastic. When I went, there was only 400Kilometres of paved road.... ran out of road very quickly.

The Gobi Desert was stunning....

Other places? The Galapagos--snorkeling...oh it was amazing.... so many fantastic places...

Just wondering if you mean Lake Louise?

A Newbie Hello 2 weeks 4 days ago #4018660

• QuietMouse01
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 471
  • Honor Medal 2010
Im in the UK....toured the USA and Canada many moons ago by coach..
Loved Canada, Lake Louise was beautiful..
lovely distant memories....smile.png

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds