TOPIC: The Royal Lancashire Show, (UK), end of July 2021

The Royal Lancashire Show, (UK), end of July 2021 1 month 3 weeks ago #3667752

• grahamg
  • grahamg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 290
  • Honor Medal 2010
Here are a couple of photos I'm quite proud of taken at the Royal Lancashire Show a couple of days ago:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby, Eira, QuinTSensual

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Royal Lancashire Show, (UK), end of July 2021 1 month 3 weeks ago #3667759

• Eira
  • Well said received: 2973
  • Honor Medal 2010
great pics, Graham - is that your family and their stock entries? - did they win any rosettes?

I've been missing the Agricultural Shows this last couple of years - none of our local Ag shows were on this year again.
The Great Yorkshire Show was held - for 4 days instead of 3. I missed that too because I was away on holiday.

Step by step, one goes a long way.

The Royal Lancashire Show, (UK), end of July 2021 1 month 3 weeks ago #3667763

• grahamg
  • grahamg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 290
  • Honor Medal 2010

Eira wrote: great pics, Graham - is that your family and their stock entries? - did they win any rosettes?

I've been missing the Agricultural Shows this last couple of years - none of our local Ag shows were on this year again.
The Great Yorkshire Show was held - for 4 days instead of 3. I missed that too because I was away on holiday.

The owner of the cattle was a guy from Scotland, and he'd just won first prize, not only with these two cattle, mum and her calf, but other prizes for some more Longhorn cattle, (to the left of the shot). He'd chosen to sit on this very quiet cow himself as the family just happened by, and of course the children wished to sit on a cow too, (why wouldn't you at that age!).

The two boys sat down first on the mother, and then the little girl asked if she was allowed to sit on the calf, so the owner told her to be very gentle, stroke the calf as you see her doing in the first photo, and then the girl gave her own mum such a pleased and proud smile didn't she, with her two brothers seemingly upstaged.

I told the two parents I thought the picture she was taking, or mine, might make a good cover for next years agricultural show brochure, (or something like that), and as you say what a nice family, and all credit to the Scots guy allowing this to happen with his very placid cattle, because "you're not really supposed to sit on a cow really are you"! smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Eira

The Royal Lancashire Show, (UK), end of July 2021 1 month 3 weeks ago #3668025

• helloDarling
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 156
  • Honor Medal 2010
perfect pictures of a perfect day.
that's awesome.
i am so glad you had such a great time.
you deserve it.
cheers.
The following user(s) said Well Said: grahamg

for 25cents i will stop singing and struming.
BUT. if you sing with me, i will give *YOU 25cents
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds