TOPIC: My Yesterday outing in the rain

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 1 day ago #3660989

• Dennis 2
  • Dennis 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 951
  • Honor Medal 2010

We kept 44 to eat and had a boat total of 227 or 234 depending on who counted, I had 2 of my very best friends with me and some of the most skillful fishermen there are, I am still wet from being in the rain almost all day. The boat also had an am crew that had to go early so we did a pm trip also an honest 350 fish day! One of the best. If Bob could have made it we would have hit 400 easy!
Per figures we averaged a fish about every 3 minutes caught all day. PM is usually better then am for numbers am for size. I did learn my gifted free rain suit is water repellent sure not water proof in heavy rain but much cooler that my old one that stops it all my rear end was soaked from the boat seats even in picture!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Well Said: QuietMouse01, Libby, JUJO

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.
Last edit: by Dennis 2.

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 1 day ago #3660991

• QuietMouse01
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 500
  • Honor Medal 2010
Great photo, thanks for sharing....smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: JUJO

Today is the tomorrow
you worried about yesterday -
and all is well...

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 23 hours ago #3661040

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1604
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote:

We kept 44 to eat and had a boat total of 227 or 234 depending on who counted, I had 2 of my very best friends with me and some of the most skillful fishermen there are, I am still wet from being in the rain almost all day. The boat also had an am crew that had to go early so we did a pm trip also an honest 350 fish day! One of the best. If Bob could have made it we would have hit 400 easy!
Per figures we averaged a fish about every 3 minutes caught all day. PM is usually better then am for numbers am for size. I did learn my gifted free rain suit is water repellent sure not water proof in heavy rain but much cooler that my old one that stops it all my rear end was soaked from the boat seats even in picture!

Fantasic photo Dennis,
The amount of fish you all caught was amazing, Even in the harsh weather,you all never gave up,
Well Done to you all
The following user(s) said Well Said: Libby

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 22 hours ago #3661055

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Foul weather normally equals a good catching trip (also tells me who really wishes to be there or not real fast) as being a low pressure day barometric pressure hi pressure days are much slower, "Old saying here cows laying down fish are resting also up eating so are fish". I do look every trip I admit. Overall a very relaxing day yesterday one of the best.
Overcast cloudy, light drizzle rain mild west or south winds normally means good trip.
Winds west fish bite the best, east bite the least. another one. North winds (to much n to s open water) unsafe usually if very much, we hade them all with the passing storms yesterday. We base a good day on a 100+ trip. We mostly get that amount. What is upsetting is to find the fish and they do not bite, happens often.

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 14 hours ago #3661376

• AM70
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 37
Nice picture. What fish did you catch?

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 13 hours ago #3661380

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Pm trip we caught 200 plus sand bass or white bass few hybrid stripers caught yesterday pm till almost dark 3 of us total the am trip had a pastor, his daughter and son with him they did not wish to fish in the rain so came in early, per time spent on water they actually had a better last few hours than we did, I did have the cream of the crop fishermen in the pm though, the best and both great friends.

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 10 hours ago #3661457

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1604
  • Honor Medal 2010
Do you keep the fish and cook it for dinner?

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

My Yesterday outing in the rain 2 weeks 1 hour ago #3661671

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
My guests usually take a limit each I go so often at am burned out on eating fish with another possible trip tomorrow to Oklahoma. I rarely take fish home and rather had release them back into the lake, I do request all large ones to be CPR (catch photo release) If real large like some of the Oklahoma fish never remove them from the water and personally use barbless hooks for easy release or mash them down to create a barbless hook, beginners loose many fish with them though by allowing slack in the line, some just can't seem to do it correctly with them.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds