The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3461657

• T65KBK
  • T65KBK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7402
  • Honor Medal 2010
Bickerton Hall Monday p.m.

Edna had been washing bed linen for two days! Six bed loads of sheets and duvet covers turned her little utility room into something resembling a laundry and she had been running in and out to the washing line trying to get them all dry between showers. As she worked at this simple but time consuming task she thought about all that had happened in the last week. There had been her guests to look after and their holiday romances to smile about ... it had been good fun to have so many people filling the rooms at the Hall which sometimes felt a little empty. Then, in the same week there had been the tragic news of Susie and the father of her twins. Edna shook her head at the thought of this sad ending to two such young lives. Ailine had phoned earlier to tell her that the Village Community Hall was well and truly finished and that there would be a Grand Opening on Friday with all proceeds going towards a trust fund for the twins. They both agreed that this would be a positive way for the village to support the little family and it would also be an opportunity for everyone to come and inspect the new village hall. Edna couldn't remember the last time she had been to a Barn Dance and she had phoned William immediately to ask if he would come too and he said he'd come because barn dancing would hide his lack of dancing skills if he could only remember the moves of the dances. Edna couldn't help but laugh to herself because from what she remembered, she'd had the same problem but, she thought, it all added to the fun and that was what the village needed right now. The children would love it and the side shows and games would lift the spirits of the whole community as well as raise funds for such a good cause. Edna thought that she would have to phone the pub later to ask Junie to post a notice to sign up volunteers for the Tug of War ... no time to loose! Only a few days until Friday!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462036

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2539
  • Honor Medal 2010
.... mean time bessie the cafe owner walks along to her cafe.. keys in hand. she looks through the window and unlocks her door... goes in.. and looks around. "hell i've lost a few customers since lock down, some swines locking me in me cellar and said i had to self isolate".. she moaned to herself. never mind she thought.. i'll soon have it up and running again. better get things stirring again. hope this coffee maker works. better get me buns out.. and do some sarnies and things. for the mad rush. Ha! talking to herself blind she was.. "good to be back though bess. " she said. as she smiled and felt freeeeee again to get to her cafe. "bring it on" she shouted..
as she swopped her 'CLOSED' sign for 'OPEN'..
Life's Too Short To Be Serious!!
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, Cherie, ElizaK, T65KBK

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462081

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
'right.'. said bess. ' got it all ready for the panic lol. me buns n baps. and scones. and cakes. and the Ern's brewing ready for cuppa's n coffees.' hope i got it all now she thought! trying to think of anything else she might have forgot. probably has.. bur what the heck.
she thought as she wiped everything clean and prepared for her regulars again. cafe now' OPEN.' bess stands back and grins!

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462100

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
bess sat on one of her chairs and enjoyed the sunshine outside her cafe while waiting for her customers to arrive.. "ahh i could get used to this " she thought as she looked around and listened to the lovely bird songs.. very peaceful here she thought.. and calm.

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462116

• T65KBK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The sun was shining and all was right with the world as Edna trotted along the road towards the village, she wanted to go and see how Junie and Ruth were getting on in the pub and whether all the squabbling had subsided. She had promised Rita that she would keep an eye on things in there and she hadn't managed to visit as often as she would have liked because she'd been so busy with the astrology school over the past two weeks. Her path took her past Bessie's cafe which seemed to be open because Bessie herself was sitting outside with her eyes closed taking in the sun's rays. "I could just fancy a pot of tea" thought Edna "Are you open for customers Bessie?" she asked.

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462129

• T65KBK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
There was absolutely no waking Bessie who was now slumped sideways with her head on her shoulder and her mouth wide open while at the same time uttering small squeaking noises and a gentle snore. It seeming a pity to wake her up as she was so fast asleep that Edna sat down in a rather comfortable chair next to her and waited for Bessie to come out of her slumbers. It was so quiet sitting there in the sunshine and the soud of the birdsong was so soporific that Edna's head began nodding too and before many minutes had gone by, the two of them were away with the fairies, snoring in harmony.

Last edit: by T65KBK.

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462141

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Bess stirred just then and jumped at seeing Edna sitting by her asleep... "hell have i missed all me customers again?" she asked in a worried voice. oh no thought bess. what a day it is for the first opening. all me customers have been asleep then left. she didn't want to disturb Edna as she slumbered on her chair. so she sat and waitied patiently. ...

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462151

• T65KBK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
The slight scraping of Bessie's chair broke the silence and Edna awoke with a start "Oh My Goodness!" she exclaimed "Have I been asleep? I hadn't realised how tired I'd become looking after all those guests for two weeks! Oh Bessie, could I please have a big pot of tea and have you got such a thing as a toasted teacake?"

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462156

• Bessie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
'yes coming up'.. she said to Edna. her first customer of the day. looking good so far she thought as she went inside and got her a toasted tea cake and a pot a tea. "there you are me dearery" she said smiling as she put the tea and cake down. .

The Village of Bickerton 1 month 2 weeks ago #3462163

• Cherie
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1905
  • Honor Medal 2010
What a beautiful day for a walk thought Aline as she started walking towards the Village.
Tuesdays being quiet days at the salon, Aline could get away for the afternoon.
Walking and humming to herself, she notices Bessie's cafe OPEN sign.
Aline walks up and finds two ladies fast asleep and bursts out laughing.
This is too funny she thought. Still laughing she sees Edna and Bessie waking up from their snooze.
but not before she snapped a picture with her cell.
she walks into the cafe and there is the aroma of freshly baked goods.
The ladies greet each other and Aline and Edna share a table, while Bessie takes their order.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Serena77, ElizaK, T65KBK

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds