Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quotes - inserting and replying to single or multiple ones

Quotes - inserting and replying to single or multiple ones 4 months 3 days ago #3291271

• Fanny
  • Fanny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A few lines that might help with inserting quotes in posts and ensuring your own reply is in the correct place –

For a single quote:
- hit the “Quote” button of the post you wish to quote which will place the quoted words at the top of your message window
- you will notice the line that has appeared ends with [/quote]
- add your reply ensuring that you place it AFTER that bracketed word to keep your reply separate from the quote. It’s important not to cut off the end square bracket bit or it doesn’t quite display correctly.

To reply to a post that contains multiple/nested quotes you can of course post your whole reply at the end as detailed above but occasionally you might want to make several replies throughout the quotes to various lines it contains. In which case, using a randomly chosen post for example only:
- hit the “Quote” button as usual and notice the top line of what has just appeared (see the attached snip)
- now you need to read through Davenorave’s message (the first poster) and find the [/quote] bit at the end of his words
- add your reply AFTER that bracketed word as detailed above
- the next words you read are from MoonliRoads63 (the second poster) and will again finish with the [/quote] so, again, add your reply AFTER that bit.

All of which, when written down, seems very complicated but it does become easier with use. You could, of course, just post one reply at the end and preface each bit with the name of the poster’s bit you’re replying to.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Quotes - inserting and replying to single or multiple ones 4 months 3 days ago #3291291

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3105
  • Honor Medal 2010
i just post a message,hope for the best.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Quotes - inserting and replying to single or multiple ones 4 months 3 days ago #3291343

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7880
  • Honor Medal 2010
When there is more than one quote. on post I want to replying too.
I deleted the quotes i am not replying too. ,,
Then there’s just the post I want to reply to remaining.

Quotes - inserting and replying to single or multiple ones 4 months 3 days ago #3291371

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9932
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rosie 2 UK wrote: When there is more than one quote. on post I want to replying too.
I deleted the quotes i am not replying too. ,,
Then there’s just the post I want to reply to remaining.

Yes so do I ......it makes it so much easier for the reader than having a post full of nested quotes.

Happy to help.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds