Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems since last update done

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172362

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3816
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dove wrote: I usually have a gallery full of online people under my messages and now I haven't any, so I can't see everyone who is online,will this gallery return or not?

If you click home you can see who is online there.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Piscean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Cornish Pasty

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172388

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 9651
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: While it does appear that things are returning to normal, it ain't there yet, my particular gripe is the, seeming new, activation of "Block AdBlocker" meaning I'm barred from the site unless I deactivate my protection from spam and other annoying intruders.

I understand perfectly well that the site needs revenue to survive and to continue to provide us with a platform, however, sometime ago we were given a choice, if we acquired enough points we could avoid seeing adds while using the site, without the necessity to lower protection from advertising from other sites we might visit simultaneously to Buzz.

I chose to acquire the necessary number of points and to continue to support the site with donations, I have kept my end of the bargain. If this is just another temporary glitch until things are worked out so be it, but if it is the future I see only a choice between discontinuing to donate, and let advertising revenue fill the void, or to stop using the site altogether, especially as we were given no prior advise that this would happen.

I hate advertising, plus turning of my "firewalls" to give access to Buzz, as I have said leaves me vulnerable in other areas. And yes, I could whitelist Buzz, but that would still mean ads, I hate ads, besides I don't think any of those 23 year old Russian beauties would have me., so advice is sought, on the "Block AdBlocker", not the girls.

KayGee you do not need to disable adblock on other sites you are visiting concurrently all you need is to white list adblock so that it does not work on Buzz pages, but keeps working on your other sites visited.

And once on Buzz if you do not like to see these ravishing creatures you can opt to join the 10k club and be advert free.

I understand that some members are upset but then again I trust Mila to do the best she can to keep Buzz running.
And so far all the members who have white listed Buzz 50 have no problem.

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172451

• pascalou
  • Well said received: 9651
  • Honor Medal 2010

Sharkey wrote:

I have 3 questions.
1. if this popup being seen by everyone?
2. if it's not have I got a problem with my laptop?
3. I always understood having 10,000 buzzer points meant automatic removal of ads, has this been removed?

Any help will be gratefully received.

1 Yes
3 10,000 buzzer points does mean removal of ads.......But you must hide the adverts in your profile settings :)
But as there is a few glitches on site it is not working at the moment even with Ads hidden. The techie guys are on the case and hopefully get it sorted soon :)

Just make an exclusion in AdBlock as below and you will not get the pop up again on Buzz but if you don't have 10,000 Buzz points you will still get the Ad's :)

Thanks Sharkey this has been very helpful to some members.smile.png

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172456

• Rosie 2 UK
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 13367
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have been off line for a few days. Not sure what has been going on,,,
All I have noticed so far ,is that members on line ,that was at the bottom of page is missing .
The following user(s) said Well Said: Dove

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172529

• PopsnTuff
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12137
  • Honor Medal 2010

pascalou wrote:

Sharkey wrote:

I have 3 questions.
1. if this popup being seen by everyone?
2. if it's not have I got a problem with my laptop?
3. I always understood having 10,000 buzzer points meant automatic removal of ads, has this been removed?

Any help will be gratefully received.

1 Yes
3 10,000 buzzer points does mean removal of ads.......But you must hide the adverts in your profile settings :)
But as there is a few glitches on site it is not working at the moment even with Ads hidden. The techie guys are on the case and hopefully get it sorted soon :)

Just make an exclusion in AdBlock as below and you will not get the pop up again on Buzz but if you don't have 10,000 Buzz points you will still get the Ad's :)

Thanks Sharkey this has been very helpful to some members.smile.png

Tried this a few days ago and it didnt work Pasc....had to totally disable the ad blocker for all sites, hmmm.
Also getting the Error 502 message along with this: This site can’t be reached
www.buzz50.com took too long to respond.....

Goodbye March, hello April....with your weather of rain and sunshine both together....
Last edit: by PopsnTuff.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172531

• Dove
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8
  • Honor Medal 2010
Home thread won't click to show online members.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172533

• Dove
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Junior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just tried won't work.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172539

• Justin Time
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 195
  • Honor Medal 2010

KayyGee wrote: While it does appear that things are returning to normal, it ain't there yet, my particular gripe is the, seeming new, activation of "Block AdBlocker" meaning I'm barred from the site unless I deactivate my protection from spam and other annoying intruders.

I understand perfectly well that the site needs revenue to survive and to continue to provide us with a platform, however, sometime ago we were given a choice, if we acquired enough points we could avoid seeing adds while using the site, without the necessity to lower protection from advertising from other sites we might visit simultaneously to Buzz.

I chose to acquire the necessary number of points and to continue to support the site with donations, I have kept my end of the bargain. If this is just another temporary glitch until things are worked out so be it, but if it is the future I see only a choice between discontinuing to donate, and let advertising revenue fill the void, or to stop using the site altogether, especially as we were given no prior advise that this would happen.

I hate advertising, plus turning of my "firewalls" to give access to Buzz, as I have said leaves me vulnerable in other areas. And yes, I could whitelist Buzz, but that would still mean ads, I hate ads, besides I don't think any of those 23 year old Russian beauties would have me., so advice is sought, on the "Block AdBlocker", not the girls.

Absolutely agree. This is really annoying.

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172541

• Sirfurryanimal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3816
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dove wrote: Home thread won't click to show online members.

It's working for me.

The Cornish Pasty

Problems since last update done 2 months 1 week ago #3172549

• Sharkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How to set up your Adblock so you make an exception for B50 just follow these instructions and once done
soon as you Get to B50 sign in page Adblock will close but if you go to ANY other page by opening another window while on B50 for example Google images AdBlock will kick back in so there is no need what so ever to touch your Adblock settings again,
Anyone who can not get this to work needs to update to the latest AdBlock for what ever browser your using.
I always get mine from Google play because there are some snide ones out there :angry:

1 Click Adblock on browser bar

2 click options

3 click customise on top bar

4 click on Show ads on a web page or domain

5 you will see The domain or url where AdBlock shouldn't block anything

Type in the box below www.buzz50.com then ok it.

6 Manually edit your filters click edit and you will see this below. Job done :)

Last edit: by Sharkey.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds