TOPIC: Private Messages Help

Private Messages Help 8 years 8 months ago #1358137

• mike
  • mike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 842
  • Honor Medal 2010
We have a private messages system here on Buzz50 that members can use to send messages to each other.

It is very similar to an email system.

If the member is offline when you send the message they will get an email from Buzz50telling them you have sent them a message.

You can block another person form sending you messages if you like.
Go to their profile page, click the tab 'Blocking' on their page and click 'Block user'. They will not know that you have blocked them!
You can see who you have blocked on the 'Blocking' tab on your own page where you can also unblock them.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mike
Site Admin
Head Buzzer !

We have an amazing over 50 senior friendship and dating service that is worth a try!
Mila and I did!
Last edit: by mike.

Private Messages Help 3 months 6 days ago #3351280

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 81
How private are the private messages. Admins most often can and do have access to them, but under what circumstances or is it cart blanche.?

Private Messages Help 3 months 5 days ago #3351655

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 16670
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: How private are the private messages. Admins most often can and do have access to them, but under what circumstances or is it cart blanche.?

Private means Private on Buzz50................No Staff have Access to them.

If you use another site that has a Private message section and the Admin are intercepting them they are breaking..
Data protection act rules and that site can be pulled down for it i know this applies in the UK .

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Private Messages Help 2 months 3 weeks ago #3358065

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.
Yes I know most are very good at disguising who they really are.
While I know admin is on the look out for any scammers, reported or otherwise, under these circumstances I feel it would be appropriate for a pm be sent to the other party, instead of being left up in the air, so to speak.
This happened to me this mornng after logging on, and I was left feeling like a little kid having something whisked away from me that wasn't good for me.

Private Messages Help 2 months 3 weeks ago #3358068

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.
While I know admin is on the look out for any scammers, reported or otherwise, under these circumstances I feel it would be appropriate for a pm be sent to the other party, instead of being left up in the air, so to speak.
This happened to me this mornng after logging on, and I was left feeling like a little kid having something whisked away from me that wasn't good for me.

Maybe you should make a request to staff not to block spammers until you have finished chatting to them ? :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Well Said: RichardA

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Private Messages Help 2 months 3 weeks ago #3358082

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10372
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.

Isla.

Our priority is to remove scammers as quickly as possible, unfortunately we have no way of knowing who a scammer is contacting or chatting to at the time.
Contrary to popular opinion we have no access to PM's unless forwarded to us by members.

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

Private Messages Help 2 months 3 weeks ago #3358102

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer

Isla.

Our priority is to remove scammers as quickly as possible, unfortunately we have no way of knowing who a scammer is contacting or chatting to at the time as contrary to popular opinion we have no access to members PM's.

My point was how do you pick up on the scammers, are they reported by other members.

Sharkie. :silly:

Private Messages Help 2 months 3 weeks ago #3358105

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote:

Isla.

Our priority is to remove scammers as quickly as possible, unfortunately we have no way of knowing who a scammer is contacting or chatting to at the time as contrary to popular opinion we have no access to members PM's.

My point was how do you pick up on the scammers, are they reported by other members.

Sharkie. :silly:

Isla thhe way i read your post is that your chatting to spammers and your upset because you want a pm before they get zapped :S .................Staff have skills to pick scammers out and members report them also.

Private Messages Help 2 weeks 5 days ago #3398013

• Steffiegirl
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 699
  • Honor Medal 2010
I'm trying to send a private message but once I start typing the send box at the bottom disappears....why is that ? or what am I doing wrong ?

Private Messages Help 2 weeks 5 days ago #3398042

• BlushingOrchid
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1737
  • Honor Medal 2010
Steff, I had this same thing happen two days ago, went on for maybe an hour or so, but has been fine since and not reoccured...

"Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them"
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds