Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Private Messages Help

Private Messages Help 2 years 1 month ago #2846186

• Opaline
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I would love to know how to delete all the messages in my box but I see no where to delete.
Anyone know?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Private Messages Help 2 years 1 month ago #2846221

• Ritchy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
There is a box to the top left hand side of the inbox & outbox If you select that box all sent & received messages will be selected . At the bottom left hand side there I a box with a red cross on it, click on that all messages in the window will be deleted.
You can either select them all & deselect the ones you want to keep or just select the few you want to delete before selecting the box with a red cross on it

Private Messages Help 2 years 1 month ago #2846225

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9923
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ritchy wrote: You can either select them all & deselect the ones you want to keep or just select the few you want to delete before selecting the box with a red cross on it

Be aware that Read messages will stay in the inbox for 21 days max. before being erased automatically. so if you want to keep any then you need to Archive them.

Unread messages will stay in the inbox for 15 days max. before being erased automatically.

Happy to help.

Private Messages Help 2 years 1 month ago #2851794

• ellabella
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I keep getting notification that I have new messages, on my email , but one the forum they are not showing up says I have none . I do not want to open forum on my mobile , what can I do to sort this out.

Private Messages Help 1 week 6 days ago #3351280

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 81
How private are the private messages. Admins most often can and do have access to them, but under what circumstances or is it cart blanche.?

Private Messages Help 1 week 5 days ago #3351655

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12576
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: How private are the private messages. Admins most often can and do have access to them, but under what circumstances or is it cart blanche.?

Private means Private on Buzz50................No Staff have Access to them.

If you use another site that has a Private message section and the Admin are intercepting them they are breaking..
Data protection act rules and that site can be pulled down for it i know this applies in the UK .

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Private Messages Help 1 day 8 hours ago #3358065

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.
Yes I know most are very good at disguising who they really are.
While I know admin is on the look out for any scammers, reported or otherwise, under these circumstances I feel it would be appropriate for a pm be sent to the other party, instead of being left up in the air, so to speak.
This happened to me this mornng after logging on, and I was left feeling like a little kid having something whisked away from me that wasn't good for me.

Private Messages Help 1 day 8 hours ago #3358068

• Sharkey
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12576
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.
While I know admin is on the look out for any scammers, reported or otherwise, under these circumstances I feel it would be appropriate for a pm be sent to the other party, instead of being left up in the air, so to speak.
This happened to me this mornng after logging on, and I was left feeling like a little kid having something whisked away from me that wasn't good for me.

Maybe you should make a request to staff not to block spammers until you have finished chatting to them ? :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Well Said: RichardA

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Private Messages Help 1 day 7 hours ago #3358082

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9923
  • Honor Medal 2010

Isa49 wrote: I find it disconcerting to be 'chatting' with a member of Buzz, the chat friendly and nothing untoward, (which I would have deleted & reported, myself) only to have the persons profile whipped away with no explanation, and on investigating, a notice saying this person has been banned.

Isla.

Our priority is to remove scammers as quickly as possible, unfortunately we have no way of knowing who a scammer is contacting or chatting to at the time.
Contrary to popular opinion we have no access to PM's unless forwarded to us by members.

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

Private Messages Help 1 day 6 hours ago #3358102

• Isa49
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer

Isla.

Our priority is to remove scammers as quickly as possible, unfortunately we have no way of knowing who a scammer is contacting or chatting to at the time as contrary to popular opinion we have no access to members PM's.

My point was how do you pick up on the scammers, are they reported by other members.

Sharkie. :silly:

Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds