Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Over 80? Join us in here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it.

Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it. 3 months 3 weeks ago #3265189

• Tally
  • Tally's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3
Poppy I remember my Mom saying how did I get this old so fast. At the time I didn't understand fully what she meant but I sure do now. Glad to hear someone else is having a moment about turning 80. You're right when you say "I know the alternative". smile.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Poppy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it. 3 months 3 weeks ago #3265195

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 9970
  • Honor Medal 2010

Tally wrote: I cannot believe I am almost 80. I'm relatively healthy and have a demanding vocation with ex-race horses but I'm having a very hard time adjusting to the number 80 and the reflection I see in the mirror. How do you cope with this?

You cope by realising how lucky you are to be relatively healthy and have a demanding vocation at 80.

Many are not so fortunate:( .......embrace it, age is just a number and lines are markers of life's experiences. wink.png
The following user(s) said Well Said: Garydavid

Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.

Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it. 3 months 3 weeks ago #3265207

• DancingByMyself
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 256
  • Honor Medal 2010
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and respecting your continued activity in life. I constantly choose to forget how old I am and I think 50 was a big one. Keep making each day count, joining Buzz is a great idea if you live alone, lots of cat lovers on here :)

Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it. 3 months 2 weeks ago #3267667

• DaveA
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 440
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have less of a problem with being in my eighties (as far as numbers go) than I do with the increasing physical limitations that keep creeping up on me. At 80, I was far more active than I am now, more than halfway to 86. Painful to walk on uneven ground, difficulty climbing up or down stairs, etc.. i can still mange these things but in a less pleasant manner. My wife, who is 83, is far more agile than I (bless her) and can move around with more ease.

Forget the "number" and just enjoy each day a it comes. Enjoy the horses while you can and enjoy the physical abilities that you still have.

Welcome to the world of Octogenarians!! :)

Last edit: by DaveA.

Will be 80 in a week. Having a hard time adjusting to it. 3 months 2 weeks ago #3267947

• Aries1950
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1476
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rips wrote: Hello Tally I know just how you feel as I felt just the same when I hit 30 !
My youthful younger self had slipped away or so I thought , I didn’t bother to get out of bed that day :woohoo:
I laugh now when I think about it.
It’s true it is just a number although special one.
When you adjust to the 80 and you will....celebrate your longevity your wrinkley bits,
wear the 80 with pride.
I will if I’m one of the lucky ones to get there!

My problem was when I turned 50. I was half a century old. No more 40's. Turning 60 was much easier since being in my 50's gradually prepared me for my 60th birthday. Now next year, I'll hit the big 7- 0! I think by your 70's, you know that you are in the sunset of your life.:(

The zombies were having fun, the party had just begun
The guests included Wolfman, Dracula, and his son
The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds
Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds
The coffin-bangers were about to arrive
With their vocal group, 'The Crypt-Kicker Five'
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds