Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Over 80? Join us in here
  • Page:

TOPIC: Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 5 days ago #3235133

• ALON
  • ALON's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 240
  • Honor Medal 2010
It would be interesting to know what different members of the 80 Plus are being treated for.

I receive treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis & Non Hodgkins Lymphoma (Waldenstrom's Disease)
The following user(s) said Well Said: Sandy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 5 days ago #3235155

• 19Pete38
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7
Mild Chronic Kidney Failure, Emphysema middle stage, Hypertension, Bursitis, Osteoarthritis, Thyroid replacement therapy, Have had Radical Radiation for prostate cancer, The right lobe lung removed with cancer included, Restless leg syndrome...but apart from those minor hindrances, I am as fit as a fiddle at 80 and climbing, my age, not me myself, I don't climb anymore, well except into and out of bed many times during the night to visit the dunny, and of course, sometime in the morning, or later, as I have made a promise to myself to get out of bed around 9.00 o'clock, a promise I often break just to be naughty.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Aida, eleramune, Sandy

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 4 days ago #3235310

• Maywalk
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Senior Buzzer
  • Well said received: 113
  • Honor Medal 2010
Blimey where does one start.?????????
I have Osteo Arthritis, Spondylitis, Chronic Asthma, Hypertension, Osteoporosis plus Epilepsy that started when I was 80yrs old. I also have had both hips broken one of which never healed properly plus the pins broken in both of them and I have a pacemaker.

One of the best things that I find is to have a b----y good belly laugh everyday to help the meds go down.

I consider myself a VERY lucky person to have come through the London Blitz after being bombed out twice and machine gunned twice during WW2.

I await now to find out whether I will be awarded a harp or a pitchfork but whichever it is I dont envy the future generations and would not have wanted my life any other way.

I am by the way 89 years old and at the rate I am going with all the meds I will be the fittest b----r in the burial ground... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Aida, eleramune, scooby, Sandy

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 3 days ago #3236372

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7585
  • Honor Medal 2010
Struggling with inflamed joints at the moment, knee and shoulder. I'm depressed too. Not sleeping terribly well. A vicious cycle. Got painkillers, ibuprofen gel, muscle strengthening exercises. Haven't told doc about feeling depressed. Like talking to a brick wall - waste of time, talking therapy doesn't work for me.

A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members.
Last edit: by Aida.

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 2 days ago #3236800

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
The only medical condition`s I have --- are for long term Asthma --- from three year old, and water tablets.
No other pills or capsules. No replacement parts, or broken bones.
One dislocated shoulder --- Doctor says ` cannot be repaired ` as you may not survive the anesthetic.`.

Magpie.

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 3 months 2 days ago #3236830

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2822
  • Honor Medal 2010
Number one is diabetes, take insulin 3-4 times a day to control it. Herniated disk in lower back causes constant pain controlled with OTC pain killers. Insomnia is an ongoing problem, on bad days feel like zombie after almost sleepless night. Have frequent anxiety attacks, got meds from doc but hate to take them, most time just suffer through.

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

Are You Being Treated For Any Medical Condition? Please Describe 2 months 4 weeks ago #3238960

• Frankie
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1809
  • Honor Medal 2010
diabetes insulin and medication treatment. plus painful knee treated with naproxen pain killer as and when due to the drug being stomach lining problem.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds