Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for us to share our online shopping ideas and experiences.

TOPIC: I need iron recommendations!

I need iron recommendations! 3 years 6 months ago #2429631

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 10683
  • Honor Medal 2010

papasmurf70 wrote: Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't buy an iron online myself. I want to "feel" them. See how they fit my hand, and how they balance. Are they heavy or do they have a light feel...Most have all the same features but I want one that is comfortable for me to handle as well and I can't tell by looking at a picture on line whether or not it's some big hunky thing or a nice lightweight, easy to use unit...But hey, that's just me.

I am the same as you papasmurf......an iron is a personal thing to me...and I like to choose carefully.

A family friend bought me an iron once, she was a 'hefty built' lady whereas I am a mere 5ft nothing and slim build, the one she chose was too big and too heavy for me and I really hated it...,I thanked her gracefully of course and put it away as I didn't even need a new one.

When she came to stay, she always offered to help with the chores and especially the ironing, so then her iron would come out of hibernation... ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Happy to help.

I need iron recommendations! 3 years 6 months ago #2429656

• Shadowman
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1991
  • Honor Medal 2010
I had no idea that so many people still used irons. Many millennials would say, "What is that?" or think you were talking about golf or vitamins. I myself never use one except to put on one of those iron on patches that are so fashionable. :-) I just wear clothes that don't need ironing or dry cleaning. Happy Ironing.
The following user(s) said Well Said: man of kent, zephyr

I need iron recommendations! 1 year 6 months ago #2918851

• Lilacposy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To be honest, I don't use the normal Iron any more. I bought a Fast Press, similar to a Steam Press but you don't have to fill with water. Since buying this, I have not looked back. It cuts the ironing in half, no dribbles, no fuss, no mess. I really would recommend a Fast Press to everyone.

I need iron recommendations! 1 year 6 months ago #2919053

• oldal
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2822
  • Honor Medal 2010
I haven't even seen a clothes iron in years. I didn't think anyone still used them what with the wrinkle free clothes today.
The following user(s) said Well Said: man of kent, zephyr

................oldal................
“If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. “

I need iron recommendations! 1 year 6 months ago #2919110

• KayyGee
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3739
  • Honor Medal 2010
Good thing I read a few of the preceding posts, I was going to recommend people eat more green vegetables, for example spinach, silverbeet and broccoli or lentils and beans and some nuts and seeds, grains, for example whole wheat, brown rice and fortified breakfast cereals, maybe dried fruit. But I now see it's about some ancient domestic device.
The following user(s) said Well Said: zephyr, Heyjk60

I need iron recommendations! 1 year 6 months ago #2919650

• Lilacposy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Not all clothes are wrinkle free, I cant stand seeing people is crumpled clothes. I like to see people who try their best in looking clean and tidy. Clothes do not have to be Harrods for example, no matter what one wear, we should take pride in our appearance.

I need iron recommendations! 1 year 6 months ago #2919677

• Heyjk60
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 892
  • Honor Medal 2010
If I have to decide between ironing or wearing wrinkled clothes, wearing wrinkled clothes will win out every time.

I need iron recommendations! 6 months 1 week ago #3169840

• greysparrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

kes wrote: Can anyone recommend to me a really good steam iron that I can buy online preferably. I have had a succession of irons that although they have had good reviews, when I get them, they spit, dribble and squirt when they shouldn't. :whistle: My current iron is a Tefal Ultraglide and it's rubbish. If I sit it on its heel, when I pick it up it dribbles water onto my hand. It wasn't cheap either! I am not looking for a budget iron, I don't mind paying a bit more to get a good, reliable one.

I have a rowenta. It has steam and a self retracting cord, that was my criteria. Like it (and moreover - successfully use it for three years). Will check the model if you need it.
Just buy one that feels good when you hold it...comfortable handle and the weight you want.

Heyjk60, can't agree more with you, but some clothes just need special handling. And my greed is stronger than my laziness.

Last edit: by greysparrow.

I need iron recommendations! 6 months 1 week ago #3169880

• Serena77
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11894
  • Honor Medal 2010
Rowenta is a good brand name like yours, greysparrow. I have one. . I rarely iron as I quickly fold the clothes neatly after drying. I used to iron my sons' dress shirts when they were living at home. Now, I use it only for a few cotton items that absolutely require it!.

"money buys everything,
but ............common sense."
Last edit: by Serena77.

I need iron recommendations! 6 months 1 week ago #3171352

• man of kent
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 468
  • Honor Medal 2010
Kes, why do people need to Iron. I dont iron anything. All my shirts are non iron. I suggest, do what my mother and your grandmother`s use to do. Sprinkle the cloths with water from a bowl with your hand, and roll them up.until you need to iron. Simple in them days. Simple today, if you have too, and cost effective !

Magpie.
Last edit: by man of kent.
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds