TOPIC: Forum suggestion

Forum suggestion 1 week 6 days ago #3462514

• Ellen
  • Ellen's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
Hi,

There are so many people retiring overseas. I am one of them. I would like to see a forum called Expats, so that people who have retired outside of their home country or are considering doing it can communicate.

I would love to see a less "top heavy" website. I know that's a lot to ask but each page on Buzz50 requires that you scroll down first in order to get to the meat of what you need to view - e-mails, topic forums, etc. I'm a designer so if you ever need help, I can help you! Just a suggestion. The site is getting bigger everyday so making it more user friendly is more lucrative.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462577

• pascalou
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 5527
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ellen wrote: Hi,

There are so many people retiring overseas. I am one of them. I would like to see a forum called Expats, so that people who have retired outside of their home country or are considering doing it can communicate.

I would love to see a less "top heavy" website. I know that's a lot to ask but each page on Buzz50 requires that you scroll down first in order to get to the meat of what you need to view - e-mails, topic forums, etc. I'm a designer so if you ever need help, I can help you! Just a suggestion. The site is getting bigger everyday so making it more user friendly is more lucrative.

Hi Ellen smile.png
We did have many forums about expats in the past.
If you would like to open a thread for expats you can open one in lounge. smile.png
Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Jane R, JUJO, T65KBK, Purple Sandy

Last edit: by Pats. Reason: Off topic comments removed

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462615

• Mykle
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1526
  • Honor Medal 2010
I wouldnt like to see a separate Forum for ex pats, Buzz itself is a forum for everyone. it is fun sometimes trying to guess where someone comes from. A separate forum would be like having a them and us.
The following user(s) said Well Said: macywack, Pats, Lenny, Keeper, Purple Sandy

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462619

• Mykle
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ellen wrote: Hi,

By being on Buzz itself you can communicate, send personal messages and from that if you wish exchange Emails. there are Ex pat sites around the internet if thats what people want
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper, Purple Sandy

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462678

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 8409
  • Honor Medal 2010

Mykle wrote: I wouldnt like to see a separate Forum for ex pats, Buzz itself is a forum for everyone. it is fun sometimes trying to guess where someone comes from. A separate forum would be like having a them and us.

I agree.....then there would be requests for one for each particular country.

I think that would create a ‘sense of ‘ keep out’ and that is not conducive on a social forum like Buzz.
All aspects of Buzz are open to all.

We already have many ex-pats and they post anywhere and yet we still know that they are ex-pats.
Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Keeper

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462690

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010
I have removed and edited off-topic posts from this thread as it was becoming a thread about smilies.

Thank you.

Pats. admin.
Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Bessie

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462939

• Ellen
  • Ellen's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1
I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was asking about a simple topic forum - not a "us and them" argument. Geeze. I just didn't know where I could nest the Expat forum since nothing on there applies. No reason to make assumptions where this no reason to make them.

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3462950

• Mykle
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
i dont think anyone has made ASSUMPTIONS at all, some of us are just putting forward our case for leaving Buzz as it is .Many have been members for a long time and obviously like Buzz as it is . As for a topic on Ex pats, well that is easy to start one if that's what you want, it will get its replies yes ! but then like all topics it will fade away and eventually be deleted .If it is an Ex pats" Forum" , then you can start one yourself on line just as Buzz was started by Mike and Mila

Forum suggestion 1 week 5 days ago #3463082

• Corvette
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I will agree there are a lot post that drift off topic and for that reason ,they should be removed. A lot of chat rooms
need to be adjusted from time to time in order to keep the topic the same.

Forum suggestion 1 week 4 days ago #3463143

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Honor Medal 2010

Corvette wrote: I will agree there are a lot post that drift off topic and for that reason ,they should be removed. A lot of chat rooms
need to be adjusted from time to time in order to keep the topic the same.

Corvette....we try to keep topics ‘on topic’ especially serious topics....not always easy.

We also remove dormant old threads too...
Happy to help.

Last edit: by Pats.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds