• Page:

TOPIC: Well said?

Well said? 1 month 6 days ago #3328784

• Janquine
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2560
  • Honor Medal 2010
There are many times when I like to acknowledge that a poster has made a good, amusing or interesting point on Buzz and the well said button is my way of showing that I have read the post and enjoyed it or learnt something from it. Sometimes I like to use the quote button to add a bit more to what they have written or respond in kind to a funny post.

As has been mentioned in previous posts, this is a friendship site and to give someone the thumbs down sign doesnt seem a very friendly gesture in my opinion. Plus it gives opportunity as Pascalou mentioned to ganging up on a member or the forming of cliques.

If a post is offensive or goes against the site rules it is normally removed by the mods anyway. Any opinions that I don't agree with I tend to let pass over me and not take too seriously.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats, Krystalle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Janquine.

Well said? 1 month 6 days ago #3328790

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1006
  • Honor Medal 2010

Janquine wrote: There are many times when I like to acknowledge that a poster has made a good, amusing or interesting point on Buzz and the well said button is my way of showing that I have read the post and enjoyed it or learnt something from it. Sometimes I like to use the quote button to add a bit more to what they have written or respond in kind to a funny post.

As has been mentioned in previous posts, this is a friendship site and to give someone the thumbs down sign doesnt seem a very friendly gesture in my opinion. Plus it gives opportunity as Pascalou mentioned to ganging up on a member or the forming of cliques.

If a post is offensive or goes against the site rules it is normally removed by the mods anyway. Any opinions that I don't agree with I tend to let pass over me and not take too seriously.

I was going to say virtually the same thing.

Another point to think about is this.

If the poster's suggestion was implemented, would it change to a simple thumbs up thumbs down system? If the 'well said' button remained, any 'disagree' facility would have to publish the members' names like the 'well said' does, in the interests of fairness and equality.

I could see this causing unnecessary arguments and falling out between members. It would alter the tone on here, and not for the better.

So there you go, I have just disagreed with a post without the need for a specific button.

And hopefully not fallen out with the OP smile.png (good morning oldal)
The following user(s) said Well Said: SimplyRobin, pascalou, Pats, Vegemite Kid, Keeper, Janquine, Aida

Last edit: by MoonlitRoads63.

Well said? 1 month 6 days ago #3328840

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 8015
  • Honor Medal 2010
Some sites don't have the facility for well said let alone thumbs down. It would, in my opinion, stir up 'cliques ' - a 'whose gang are you in' scenario - with contributors deliberately seeking out those who they normally disagree with and giving them a 'slap' without explanation.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Pats

A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members.
Last edit: by Aida.

Well said? 1 month 5 days ago #3329303

• Corvette
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 563
  • Honor Medal 2010
I do respect the "well said" idea unless there is a good reason why it is not a "well said idea"

Well said? 1 month 3 days ago #3330329

• Sharkey
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 11578
  • Honor Medal 2010
I think it's a nice gesture giving a well said to other members. Would never thumb down.

But one thing i would love to see done away with is the posting points. No other sites do it. I am a heavy poster sometimes 200 or 300 posts at times and i have given many thousands of points back to the Buzz bank as i have no need for them and they certainly are not a status symbol. Points or no points i will carry on posting the same and if i need any i will buy them.

Last edit: by Sharkey.

Well said? 3 weeks 4 hours ago #3337919

• PJ54
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 15
I absolutely agree

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds