Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book?

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3489774

• Rose57
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
At present am reading A single thread by Tracy Chevalier (author of Girl wit ha Pearl Earing) - she writes very readable accounts of different people in various historical settings[/quote]

Looks very interesting, I’ve added it to my list of next reads, thank you for sharing. smile.png

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3489779

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 363
  • Honor Medal 2010
I am currently reading Kind Of Blue by Ken Clarke. A very interesting book regardless of one's political persuasion.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57, blackie66

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me
Last edit: by MoonlitRoads63.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3489818

• Vegemite Kid
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2383
  • Honor Medal 2010

Rose57 wrote: At present am reading A single thread by Tracy Chevalier (author of Girl wit ha Pearl Earing) - she writes very readable accounts of different people in various historical settings

Looks very interesting, I’ve added it to my list of next reads, thank you for sharing. smile.png[/quote]

Rose I have read quite a few of her books:,Girl with a Pearl Earing ( good movie made of it too) Falling Angels, At the edge of the Orchard, Remarkable Creatures, The last runaway
There are a few others too, which I have not read.

All about very different times and places, fictional but drawing on real events - they all pull you right in.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rose57

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3489829

• Meeooow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For the second time I am reading "World's in Collision" by Emmanuel Velidovsky, I read it back in the 70's but was not well informed enough to understand it at the time.
Now with more info under my belt, it will be a pleasure to read once again.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3489857

• Dee Dee
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

Me too moonlit..
Attachments:

Last edit: by Dee Dee.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3490011

• Rose57
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Vegemite Kid wrote:

Rose57 wrote: At present am reading A single thread by Tracy Chevalier (author of Girl wit ha Pearl Earing) - she writes very readable accounts of different people in various historical settings

Looks very interesting, I’ve added it to my list of next reads, thank you for sharing. smile.png

Rose I have read quite a few of her books:,Girl with a Pearl Earing ( good movie made of it too) Falling Angels, At the edge of the Orchard, Remarkable Creatures, The last runaway
There are a few others too, which I have not read.

All about very different times and places, fictional but drawing on real events - they all pull you right in.[/quote]

Awesome, much appreciated, I’ve already downloaded “A single thread it’s next on my list of audio books to listen to smile.png

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3492012

• Summerdancing
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Gold Buzzer
  • Well said received: 248
  • Honor Medal 2010
Just finished Trevor Noah's autobiography Born a Crimeand am now re-reading Where the Crawdads Sing an extraordinary novel. Beautifully written.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 1 year 2 months ago #3496331

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1551
  • Honor Medal 2010
The picture house
Book one
By Patricia A McBride

The Telephone girls
Book Two
By Patricia McBride

The A.R.P. Girls
Book Three
By Patricia McBride

All three books continue the story,absolutely heartbreaking world war 2 historical fiction.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 11 months 3 weeks ago #3532400

• JUJO
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1551
  • Honor Medal 2010
Orphans of an angel
By Jay Aston
A tragic true story of a mother fighting for her four boys.

No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.

Reading anything interesting now, or have read a good book? 11 months 3 weeks ago #3532437

• QuinTSensual
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 2071
  • Honor Medal 2010
Re-reading in memory of >> Gavin Menzies. "1421: The Year China Discovered America". A colleague who passed over the bar April 2020.
By way of Obituary.
A controversial book, written from the experienced perspective of navigating the world at ocean depths. As opposed to traditional Astro navigation, much less contemporary GPS.
Long debunked as Pseudohistory by myopic historians. That is now, with the advent of "Ocean Draining Digital Technology". Reluctantly being seen as. Transparent, Realistic and Accountable Philosophy.

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10Pascalou
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds