Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Buzz announcements, site development, new competitions, events and quizzes.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Important site announcement from Mila.

Important site announcement from Mila. 2 months 1 week ago #3194328

• Pats
  • Pats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 11402
  • Honor Medal 2010
Posted on Mila's behalf.

'Dear Buzzers

As you are no doubt aware the recent attempts to improve the site have not been very successful.
We have been in constant communication with the technical staff and have concluded that the template upon which the site is based is old, 2010 at best. This means it is difficult to carry out meaningful changes without it having a major impact on other parts of the site. This is not helped by the move to people using mobile devices to access the website for which the template was not designed and hence the look when using mobile devices is poor.
Added to that the introduction of a free ad blocking facility has caused on the browsers has led to a reduction in income to keep the site alive and to improve the user experience where possible. I regret that since Mike passed away I have been unable to replace his expertise and knowledge as he spent many hours working to keep users happy. I do not even pretend to be technically able to do what he did.
This has resulted in a major increase in costs to me which, added to the reduced income from people blocking ads is not sustainable.
At present there is an extension which prevents people logging on if they have chosen to block ads. I am going to have this removed and as a result I anticipate more people will use the ad blocker. This will inevitably lead to a further reduction in ad income which is the sole source of income for the site which pays for all the normal software updates required just to keep the current status quo.
I would like to ask members to use the ads and not block them and if possible re create a new profile if this ad blocker has been selected. This will enable me to invest a little money to re create the site using a more up to date template that is mobile compatible and more user friendly.
I can only apologise to those who have paid for the ad blocking or used points for it. I am happy to refund any costs that may have been incurred and if you choose to create a new profile then please let me know and I will provide the same number of points on your new profile.
I am informing everyone of this situation because if the ads do not provide income I simply do not have the resources to support it out of my own pocket and would have to, very sadly as this is Mike’s baby, have to close the site.
I truly hope that you understand my position.

Mila'
Happy to help.
Last edit: by Pats.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Moderators: mikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds