Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Laptop problems...

Laptop problems... 5 months 1 week ago #3835945

• Ruetends
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Ruetends wrote: Vienna , it's up to you but you can reset your laptop , this is what i would do.... it will go back to the original state , although you can chose to save certain things .. but before you do make sure you save some passwords and site addresses that are important to you just in case , also back up any pictures and stuff you do not wish to lose ..... you'll find this should work ... if not what have you lost wink.png

0. reset for windows 10
1 .Select Settings from the Start Menu. ...
2. Select Updates and Security from the Setting Menu. ...
3. Select Recovery from the Updates and Security Menu. ...
4. Click Get Started under Reset this PC. ...
5. Chosen to remove everything or keep files.

Once done check back in updates and security , and start any updates ..... let me know if you need further help ...

Sorry i just noticed you can't get into your windows start menu .... ok leave your laptop on and let you battery run flat , then plug the laptop back in and see how that goes ....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Laptop problems... 5 months 1 week ago #3835957

• Vienna
  • Vienna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1150
  • Honor Medal 2010

Ruetends wrote:

Ruetends wrote: Vienna , it's up to you but you can reset your laptop , this is what i would do.... it will go back to the original state , although you can chose to save certain things .. but before you do make sure you save some passwords and site addresses that are important to you just in case , also back up any pictures and stuff you do not wish to lose ..... you'll find this should work ... if not what have you lost wink.png

0. reset for windows 10
1 .Select Settings from the Start Menu. ...
2. Select Updates and Security from the Setting Menu. ...
3. Select Recovery from the Updates and Security Menu. ...
4. Click Get Started under Reset this PC. ...
5. Chosen to remove everything or keep files.

Once done check back in updates and security , and start any updates ..... let me know if you need further help ...

Sorry i just noticed you can't get into your windows start menu .... ok leave your laptop on and let you battery run flat , then plug the laptop back in and see how that goes ....

That was the problem because Windows start menu wasn't working neither was the Windows key.
My only option to shut down or restart, was to press control,alt,delete which gave me my power options, and although i tried restarting once or twice during the day which didn't work, last night i decided to try restart again.

After the fourth consecutive attempt at restart, my laptop is now working smile.png

So thanks Ruetends for taking the time, and thanks to everyone for offering advice.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Ruetends

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: mikePatsMoonlitRoads63
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds