TOPIC: UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ?

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 11 months 4 days ago #3763935

• MoonlitRoads63
  • Well said received: 657
  • Honor Medal 2010

Traveler wrote:

Ruetends wrote:

Traveler wrote:

Ruetends wrote: the window you have open at the top of your screen has a + to the right of it , click this to open another .. smile.png
OH, click on the tap to open each one in turn ..

There is a way to have two windows open at the same time , but it takes a little practice ..lol..
open one window , click and hold the left mouse button on the left side of the TAB, drag it across and place it to half your screen ............ then click the + to open the other window .. then left click and drag that TAB till you have them side by side ..

click on the tap ? Hmm? what does that mean ?
I see the + sign and I clicked it. I then see a short message that says "new Tab". But what do I do then ?

TAB i should have said ..lol.. ...that's what you see at the top when a new window is open ..you have opened a new window by clicking the +... on the Tab ...

Tell me what you wish to do ? ??? you need to tell me exactly what your wanting to do ?.. ...is it to open 2 windows side by side ? If so Follow my instructions above in RED .. Like i said it will take a bit of practice ....

If i were you i would not try it ..lol.. just stick to opening a window , then another by clicking the + and going from one to the other as you need them .. this you do by clicking in the centre of the TAB you wish to open .. wink.png

***************************************************************************************************************************************
I need to open 2 screens (windows ?) side by side.

Right, two screens side by side is different from two tabs being used at the same time. I don't know how to do this as I don't have Windows 10. Hopefully someone here will indeed know how.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time waits for no one...
...and it won't wait for me

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 11 months 4 days ago #3763966

• Traveler
  • Traveler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you, MR for trying. I really appreciate it.
BUT, you have taught me something I didn't know. I had thought that opening 2 tabs at the same time was the same as opening 2 side by side screens. I know as much about computers as a monkey knows about running the Star Ship Enterprise :(

Last edit: by Traveler.

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 11 months 4 days ago #3764293

• Alan
  • New Buzzer
  • New Buzzer
  • Well said received: 19
  • Honor Medal 2010
Windows 10

Open two tabs, left click top right on the square shape next to the x, do the same with the other tab, now left click and hold top left of the tab title and drag the window to one side, now do the same with the other window and move it to the other side. to alter the size of the window put your mouse cursor on the edge of a window and it will show two arrowheads now you can alter the size of the window and do the same with the other one.
Might sound a little complicated but once you have done it the next time will be easier.

Sent by carrier pigeon (haven't got a computer)

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 11 months 3 days ago #3764682

• Traveler
  • Traveler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Alan wrote: Windows 10

Open two tabs, left click top right on the square shape next to the x, do the same with the other tab, now left click and hold top left of the tab title and drag the window to one side, now do the same with the other window and move it to the other side. to alter the size of the window put your mouse cursor on the edge of a window and it will show two arrowheads now you can alter the size of the window and do the same with the other one.
Might sound a little complicated but once you have done it the next time will be easier.

That did not work. either I am too dense OR something wrong with my laptop.

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 9 months 1 week ago #3787305

• QuinTSensual
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 861
  • Honor Medal 2010
Slight Slipstream. Re Periodic, "Auto duplicating posts".
Could an IT. wizz kid advise. B)
If this is the site [B50] Since it doesn't occur elsewhere. Or something amiss with my puter. Please.

"Out of the Eyes and Words of Children. We 'May', be best Known."
Last edit: by QuinTSensual. Reason: insertion

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 9 months 1 week ago #3787320

• Dennis 2
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 381
  • Honor Medal 2010
The control key with the T key will also open one

Schöne Dinge passieren in Ihrem Leben, wenn Sie sich distanzieren und negative Dinge und Menschen entfernen.

UNUSED TAB ? WHAT IS THAT ? 9 months 1 week ago #3787325

• QuinTSensual
  • Away
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Platinum Buzzer
  • Well said received: 861
  • Honor Medal 2010

Dennis 2 wrote: The control key with the T key will also open one

^5. Thank you.
? #1. Is that Ctrl + T.
? #2. How do you turn OFF Duplication. Please